Will this video card work on my pc

Okay, as long as u has an AGP slot on your motherboard(yes u have it) then your card can work on it...
I don't know for sure, your PSU is only 230W, but i think it's gonna work since the card doesn't require any additional power connector cable from PSU...
I'm not sure...

I really doubt your PSU can handle that card. MAYBE an HD4670 if the PSU is quality. It should handle an HD4650 as it uses very little power. If your computer has 512mb of ram like that link says you need to add at least another gig before considering trying to play modern games on it.
Honestly you would be best off just saving up for a new computer rather than trying to upgrade that thing.

Yes, you will need a new PSU. A 4670 will not work with that PSU despite what jyjjy said. A 3.0Ghz P4 is no power miser. I also think a Radeon 3850 or 4670 is overkill for that old computer, so if you wanted to save money a Radeon 3650 may be a better fit for you. I would also recommend upgrading your RAM to at least 2GB if you wanted to play games

lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006

hi bro
first of all i think its of no use to buy ati radeon 3850 or any of its range vga card. this is because suppose u buy a 3850 agp version and run it, that vga card wont run at its full because your cpu will have a bottleneck with it. i suggest its better to change your system to another technology. because in 74pounds u can get a much faster vga card in pci express. and secondly your powersupply isnt that good for ati radeon 3850 as well. then for this vga card u will have to also upgrade your psu and then ultimately u will be spending more and thats y i think u must change your pc now. hope i helped.

A 3850 uses way too much power to run on a 230W power supply. I wouldn't try a 4670 either.

Best bet is the 4650 ... plus, if you did get the 4670 or 3850 any extra performance would just go to waste because of a CPU bottleneck. Even the 4650 may get bottlenecked some, but as far as power consumption, that's your best bet out of the three. Although even that's pushing it with just 230W.

ash18241

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
ok thanks for your advice guys. my pc has 3gb ram installed, 2x512 and 2x1gb. Also i have ordered 550w psu. I know that my cpu will bottlemeck with a pentium 4 but when i save up enough money for a new machine i will just sell these parts. I have bought a raedon 3850 for 50 pounds so a decent value i think.