Is it possible to turn a custom skin into a default one?

And if so how easy is it?

I've picked up some lovely skins in my travels and I would really like to
replace the maxis ones with those that I have downloaded. In truth I know
that it _can_ be done, otherwise how do they make the anantomical default
replacements. What I want to know is there a step by step for complete
dummies tutorial out there on how to do it - don't tell me datgen as it
seems the skin plugin just won't install for me (and yes, I am trying to put
it on top of datgen and not use it on it's own).

--
MM

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get
used to the idea.
- Robert A. Heinlein

>And if so how easy is it?

MTS2 has all the info.

I've looked at changing the mesh for various sims (it's kind of boring
they all have the same body type) but it's rather fiddly so I aint't
bothered.

>All I can find at MTS2 is the really confusing mesh tutes. I searched but
>could not find anything on texture conversion. I will look again.

IIRC it was in the adult section in reference to how to make an
anantomical correct skin the defualt