mfb236

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
Hey everyone,

I'm reposting this here in the homebuilt systems forum, because I got no replies in the CPU & Components forum. Hopefully you guys can give me some insight.

I recently began a build for my new rig with a HAF 922. What I forgot to ask for an opinion on was a fan controller. I'm using only the stock fans that come with the HAF, and the hyper 212 fan/HS for my processor. Since this is my first build and I have no experience with these things, I was hoping some of you guys could give me some suggestions/tips on what fan controller to purchase that I can use to monitor/adjust my fan speeds.

I've been looking at the Scythe KM02, and the NZXT Sentry 2. Also, if there is anyway you could explain to me how these work? Do I hook the fans up to the fan controller instead of the motherboard and then the fan controller gets powered by the PSU?

Thanks in advance everyone.

jura11

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
Hi there im have HAF 932,i recommend you buy fan controller AeroCool Modern V(its great,big dispaly, control 4 fans),im currently using AC(installation its easy,just connect fans to AeroCool ,one molex connect to PSU(for power your fans),connect Cpu fan to ACool,and last connect sensors for control temps cpu,gpu,hdd and system and you are done),and i forgot AeroCool use 2 5,25 slots in your case.I think installation others fan controllers its same.

jura11

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009

Yes normally,you must connect,but in this you must connect to fan controller,because you are control CPU fan speed(PWM controlled),1 x 3 pin connect to cpu fan and second 3 pin connect to mothrboard(its extension)

mfb236

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
I decided to get the NZXT Sentry 2, and I'm very happy with it. It gives me control over all my fans except the CPU fan which I let run 100% all the time. The HAF 922 is such a quiet case that I don't really need it anyway.