Sign in with
Your question

Disappointing results w/ Hyper 212 EVO

Last response: in Overclocking
October 5, 2012 5:40:57 PM

So I recently built a 3570k rig. Purchased a Hyper 212 EVO w/ Arctic Cooling MX-4 to paste it with. But my results are subpar, from what I read. HAF 922, 2 200mm fan, temp in the room never goes past 75 F. PLENTY of breathing in the case.

I'm running a 4.0GHz overclock, STOCK voltages.

I have two sickeflow fans running a push/pull on the heatsink, heading towards the back case fan.

Idling(with some light web browsing) I average 35 centigrade. Under prime95, after 5 hours, I was 58 centigrade. I've heard of people saying they never break 50 under full load and idle at 28-30. Is that realistic?

I know that these are good temps, either way, but I was expecting lower. Any input?
a c 110 K Overclocking
October 5, 2012 6:58:48 PM

With a 3570K, I'd be stoked to have Prime temps in the 50's, even at stock.

I've seen people in the upper 60's and lower 70's at stock with the 212 Evo, so you have nothing to worry about.

And you're not gonna get the temps much lower than that. Those temps are absolutely perfect anyway.
October 5, 2012 8:49:56 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
With a 3570K, I'd be stoked to have Prime temps in the 50's, even at stock.

I've seen people in the upper 60's and lower 70's at stock with the 212 Evo, so you have nothing to worry about.

And you're not gonna get the temps much lower than that. Those temps are absolutely perfect anyway.

Thanks for the response. I guess my temps are great. =]
!