Workstation Locks automatically

I have built and placed our first (corporate) XP workstation, and everything
was easy enough to find and figure out differences from Win2K, but I cannot
figure out how to prevent all users from being automatically logged off after
@ 12 minutes of inactivity. We use this workstation to monitor a process,
with little input required, and must have the desktop up at all times. I have
"never" entered under all power settings, and have a screen saver on to kick
in after 45 minutes (with no password), but long before that, the workstation
locks, requiring a password to get the desktop back, just like if you send
Ctl-alt-del. Can someone please tell me where this setting is? Thanks for any
help!

"Daddyo2357" <Daddyo2357@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have built and placed our first (corporate) XP workstation, and everything
>was easy enough to find and figure out differences from Win2K, but I cannot
>figure out how to prevent all users from being automatically logged off after
>@ 12 minutes of inactivity. We use this workstation to monitor a process,
>with little input required, and must have the desktop up at all times. I have
>"never" entered under all power settings, and have a screen saver on to kick
>in after 45 minutes (with no password), but long before that, the workstation
>locks, requiring a password to get the desktop back, just like if you send
>Ctl-alt-del. Can someone please tell me where this setting is? Thanks for any
>help!

Try this: "Welcome Screen Appears After Your Computer Has Been Idle"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810607).

--
(tm)

Thanks for the reply, but we don't get welcome screens, as this is part of a
domain. I have the box unchecked that says "prompt for password on resume" on
the screensaver, and have unchecked the similar box on the advanced tab of
the power settings page, and the user is still locked out after 12 minutes,
requiring a re-sign in.