Is this overclock stable?

Solution

That's actually quite good. Anything less than 80c under full load is fine. I regularly run my 3960x into the 70s. Keep in mind that there are thermometers and thermal diodes at different locations, the cores will be much hotter than the package which will be much hotter than the socket.

None. You may get one very very occasionally simply due to fabrication quality but these are exceedingly rare on stock chips as Intel tests for them quite thoroughly. In order for a system to be 'stable enough' you must be able to run Prime95 for 12-24 hours without any errors

minor fluctuations in the frequency are normal. It's based around a much lower speed oscillator which has a small amount of clock jitter. The slow oscillator feeds into an analogue frequency multiplier (PLL) which also amplifies the jitter somewhat. This is completely normal, nothing to worry about.

5 minutes isn't enough to determine whether or not an OC is stable, you should run the blend test overnight and check it in the morning. 4.1 Ghz is a very easy OC to achieve so it most likely is stable but I've seen a few lemons which have problems with it.

Prime95 will throw an error if one of the worker threads returns an unexpected result. It's also possible that the system will BSOD, reset, or freeze up. If it's still merrily chugging away at FFTs then it's most likely stable.

Please keep in mind that consumer CPUs are not meant to be run at 100% load for extended durations so even a non-overclocked CPU may still experience the occasional error when running Prime95.

That's actually quite good. Anything less than 80c under full load is fine. I regularly run my 3960x into the 70s. Keep in mind that there are thermometers and thermal diodes at different locations, the cores will be much hotter than the package which will be much hotter than the socket.

None. You may get one very very occasionally simply due to fabrication quality but these are exceedingly rare on stock chips as Intel tests for them quite thoroughly. In order for a system to be 'stable enough' you must be able to run Prime95 for 12-24 hours without any errors

Solution