Hello need opinions on cpu coolers

zayzo

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Hello i have recently built my gaming rig and my cpu is the i5-3570k. I am wondering what coolers are really good on the market right now (in the U.S.) for about 80$.

Also my case is a rosewill blackhawk mid tower

drums101

Distinguished
a really good air cooler for cheap is the cooler master hyper 212 EVO...it performs amazingly for the price only a few degrees C warmer than the best of the best and a third of the cost....unless you are going for the absolute max OC out of your chip then you will not notice the difference in performance...but you will notice the difference in the cost and size (not saying the evo is small by any means)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

zayzo

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012

i was taking a look at the cooler master tpc 812 and it looks pretty good.... do you have any experiences with it or heard anything good about it?

drums101

Distinguished
yea I actually read a review about it and it performs ok but for the cost its really not that good....it actually performed worse than the hyper 212 evo and it was much more expensive due to its vertical vapor chamber crap.....the best cooler master cooler is the hyper 612 followed by the hyper 212 evo