Solved

5970 cooling

Hey all,

So by now, reading all articles leads me to one conclusion...the 5970 sounds like a 747 taking off. I'm still waiting for mine to ship, but in the meantime, I'm wondering if there is a better, quieter cooling solution. I know that the current phoenix shroud is capable of cooling 400W, and I don't plan on overvolting, but I wonder if there is a solution maybe using two fans or a heatsink? I'm running the Cooler Master V8 on my i7, so size doesn't really matter in the case.

I've seen a waterblock, but I don't have any desire to go that route. Anyone with advice appreciated!

Thanks
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 5970 cooling
  1. Best answer
    Wait, if the 5970 is really very noisy, there's nothing you can do about it, short of changing the cooler embedded into the card. Which I definitely wouldn't recommend, especially if you're talking about something as pricey as a 5970.
  2. Ha ha manic you are doing a good job as a moderator cleaning up un-answered posts. Kudos to you sir.
  3. that's how my 4870x2 is. VERY LOUD at 100%, but you prob won't have to run it that loud.
  4. Best answer selected by mtnboydl.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Cooling Graphics Product