My HP with Intel Q 8200 scores low with Pass Mark Performance 7.0

Ritter197

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
My HP Pavilion Q8200, 8GB RAM, WIN7 scores low compared

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY HP Pavilion Intel CPU Q8200 scores low when compared with other CPUs, same Q8200, same RAM (8GB or less) same Graphics Express NVDIA 9400GT, Windows 7, no applications loaded other than ESET NOD32 AV.
My HP gets only a score of 691 whereas a worldwide database for same CPU, same RAM, same Graphics card gets 1220, 1144, 1191, 1291 and higher.
I have deleted all cookies, de-fragmented my hard drive, reduced Restore points.
HP support is poor and spending 1 hour with them is useless.
Any ideas here???

Ritter197

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
It is not overclocked.
I have to assume that HP knows what MB to use for their Intel Q8200 computers. After all, they are one of the largest computer hardware manufacturers, right?
But where would you want me to check?
I will do it.

tecmo34

Administrator

1) Check the Worldwide Database you refer to see what the other systems are running (complete system... overclocking, motherboard, hard drive... etc.)

2) Download CPUID's CPU-Z and verify the your CPU is running at stated manufacturer speeds (generally, what it should look like)...

cpuproof.jpg

The HP Pavillions are mass market computers. HP (and everyone else) is going to do everything they can to reduce costs and still produce a (relatively) reliable product. That includes things like prohibiting overclocking. That lets them use less expensive parts and drastically reduces support costs.

I wouldn't worry about the scores on some arbitrary benchmark. Does it meet your needs?