Sign in with
Your question

Looking for best am2+ mobo with onboard video for 50$

Last response: in Motherboards
September 3, 2010 6:47:17 PM

Hello, a computer here at work just went out, it's a budget build, It's an amd x2 system and the motherboard went out so what I need to do is find a good motherboard with onboard video that's the best I can get for around that price. I need to order the motherboard asap and I thought I would come here and get some opinions.

The computer setup is a amd x2 5xxx ddr2 memory, not 1066. and just need the mobo with onboard video.

Thanks!

More about : am2 mobo onboard video

September 3, 2010 7:38:23 PM

I am looking at this, I have a GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard and it has been amazing other then having a northbridge that runs warmer then normal but I got a antec spot cooler and was able to take care of that..

What do you think of this board?

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Socket-740G-Motherboard-...
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 3, 2010 7:59:12 PM

I have the same question: Building my own gaming pc, bought this mobo:

ASRock 880GM-LE AM3 AMD 880G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard (ATI Radeon 4250)

Wondering how well (or if) I can run Wrath of the Lich King (especially the graphics card)

m
l
Related resources
September 3, 2010 8:30:54 PM

You will need a dedicated GPU for WOTLK to play it on high settings, or even medium but any other zone you will have good fps with that card.

This motherboard isn't really for gaming, it's way out dated for that. But for everything else it's perfect.
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 3, 2010 8:50:49 PM

Thanks - what if I was going to upgrade the graphics card later? Would the mobo still be ok?
m
l
September 13, 2010 5:47:38 AM

That is a fine motherboard, it supports fast ddr3 memory and am3 cpu's you could even probably run the new amd 6 core cpu's get the 1055p for 200$ and have 6 cores, as far as upgrading the graphics card, it only has 1 pci-e slot but that wont be a problem if you get one really powerful card instead of 2 average video cards. I would get a 5850 for 300$ on newegg, find good deals on those cards, I also saw a 5870 for 360$

I am running a 5830 I got for 180$ If you have 1 pci-e slot go for a good enough graphics card, or buy a budget card now, then when you can afford it buy a powerful one.
m
l
!