Can someone verify the HAF 932's dimensions?

booseek

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
I have been researching parts for my May/June build and have decided to go with the HAF 932 case. The review sites, Newegg, and Cooler Master do not always agree on the dimensions. I'd like to know if it will fit on my case-holding platform under my desk.

So please, if anyone owns this case, just measure the sides and let me know. I've also heard that the North American version is different in size from its European counterpart so North Americans please respond.

booseek

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
Hey,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. It should fit perfectly.

If you don't mind me asking, is there enough room for the largest CPU coolers (Scythe Mugen 2, etc.) with the side fan installed?

afflack

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
The great thing about the HAF 932 is that the motherboard is relevantly close to the top of the case, which means that almost all heat sinks shouldn't interfere with the side mounted 230mm fan.

I'm almost 100% positive the Scythe Mugen 2 will fit in the case with the side fan installed.
(If not, two 120mm fans at 1200-2000 RPMs each can replace the larger fan.)

RickyT23

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009

I am using that exact heatsink and case! Fits like a dream, with room to spare! The best part about that cooler is once you have installed it you can put the HSF on which ever side of the HS you like. :) Also it runs quiet and very effective AND its not too expensive to buy.

booseek

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
Thanks for the replies.

You mean with the side fan installed, right?

Did you read the Tom's article about the 1156 heatsink roundup? Apparently, it is one of the best coolers you can get and pretty inexpensive at that. I actually have a new Cooler Master 90 CFM/19 dba fan lying around so maybe I can install that instead of Scythe's 70 cfm fan. Or maybe I can install both at the same time blowing into each other...

booseek

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010

I was under the impression that two intakes would work better. Though it is probably overkill with a good cooler, anyway...

What would happen if the intake were to die? Simply higher temperatures or the possibility of damaging my CPU? Would the heatsink take care of most of the heat?