Doble Windows icons on the Taskbar

a problem I ancounter every time & than, which sometimes dissapear after
reboot and sometime reoccurs after reboot.
The Problem is that in my Taskbar i see double windows (allthough it is in
"group mode" , I open 1 window and see itsimage twice @ the taskbar.

Please let me know how I should get rid of this problem ,

thanks

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:41:10 -0700, Ran+M wrote:

> a problem I ancounter every time & than, which sometimes dissapear after
> reboot and sometime reoccurs after reboot.
> The Problem is that in my Taskbar i see double windows (allthough it is in
> "group mode" , I open 1 window and see itsimage twice @ the taskbar.
>
> Please let me know how I should get rid of this problem ,
>
> thanks

What are the taskbar buttons for? There are settings for some programs that
dictate how multiple files will be opened. Word, for example, can be
configured to display multiple documents in multiple windows or as smaller
windows within the main window for Word.

Windows also has settings for separate windows in Windows Explorer (Folder
Options> General> Browse folders> Open each folder in its own window).
Similar settings for Internet Explorer are in Internet Options> Advanced>
Reuse windows...

Also, grouping can be turned off: Taskbar and Start Menu properties>
Taskbar> uncheck box to "group similar items."

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User