CPU Heatsink and Fan Direction

trojan1107

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
I have a Hyper 212+ and I am debating which way to install the heatsink. I have 2 140mm's on top and a 120mm on back. I also have 120 in front and a 120 on the bottom next to my PSU. One of my 140's were supposed to be on my side panel but it makes a humming sound when on my side panel. If it helps I have a NZXT Phantom 410 Mid Tower. If my fan orientation is bad please leave sugggestions below. Thanks!!! :)

Solution
If it doesn't cause a problem with RAM clearance, position it so that it flows with the greatest volume of air. It sounds like the two 140mm fans on top are moving more air than the single rear fan?

FWIW I went with a horizontal air-flow setup for RAM clearance and it works well.

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
If it doesn't cause a problem with RAM clearance, position it so that it flows with the greatest volume of air. It sounds like the two 140mm fans on top are moving more air than the single rear fan?

FWIW I went with a horizontal air-flow setup for RAM clearance and it works well.

Solution

trojan1107

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012

Yeah my RAM is low profile so it should fit. Thanks for your reply.I guess it would make sense because I have 2 bigger fans on top.