PC Does Not Boot After reinstalling processor

raghu_161

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Hi.

I got an error when i tried formatting my system and the process got struck up after 11% of process completed. i tried with many bootable cd's but same error persists.So i contacted my friend to overcome the problem. He also got the same error when he tried , so he removed RAM and Processor and reinstalled in the respective slots. After that when i start the system,
it is not booting. I am unable to see any lights glowing in CPU. I can guarantee that my SMPS works fine.
Would the problem be because of RAM/Processor reinstallation.?Should i replace it with the new processor.
Please help me out.

Collie147

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
RAM can still be problematic after post, it'll do a quick check but not tell you that its faulty at certain addresses, but I'd still agree here, it's probably your hard drive. But since you've changed the CPU and Ram make sure it's seated correctly. It's entirely possible you created a static discharge when you picked up the processor or ram, but if there are no lights at all and the PSU is starting up then it could be motherboard or CPU, generally if you have ram in and its faulty power will be evident and it'll beep at you. Your best bet is to check through each part sequentially. PSU, motherboard, CPU, RAM, Hard drive etc in that order. plug in your power supply, some have lights or LEDs that light up without being connected to a motherboard, if not, plug it into your motherboard and you should see an LED on your motherboard light up. If not, then it's your PSU. Then pull the power and reseat your CPU and heatsink, do same again and power on. If the fans start to go, it's most probably ok, switch it off try seating your RAM again and try again (with your monitor connected to the onboard GPU) you should get a bios message. If so then your RAM is functional, switch off stick in your hard drives, try again.

TRENDING THREADS