Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Graphic

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 25, 2010 10:44:32 AM

hello
i have got nvidia 8600gt graphic card installed on my machine and i am nvidia fan . with motherboard from asus p5gc-mx/1333MHZ and 2 gb of ram .i wanna upgrade my graphics can u suggest telling what is the maximum graphic memory my motherboard would support.

More about : graphic

Best solution

a c 130 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
a b Î Nvidia
January 25, 2010 12:54:20 PM

gauravtushir said:
hello
i have got nvidia 8600gt graphic card installed on my machine and i am nvidia fan . with motherboard from asus p5gc-mx/1333MHZ and 2 gb of ram .i wanna upgrade my graphics can u suggest telling what is the maximum graphic memory my motherboard would support.

The amount of Graphics memory on the card isnt reliant on the motherboard. You can have which ever card you want the amount of memory on the card dosent matter to the motherboard at all.
The only thing that matters as far as the Motherboard goes is that you have the right slot older boards used AGP newer boards use PCIE.
Your board has PCIE. If you want to tell us the rest of the specs of your PC we could make some sugestions to suit your machine. Please include as well as CPU the power supply make/power rating and what resolution you like to play at.

Mactronix
January 25, 2010 1:13:25 PM

Best answer selected by Gauravtushir.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2010 1:16:45 PM

Agree with 'mactronix'
List your specs along with PSu
and dont forget to mention your budget
a c 130 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
a b Î Nvidia
January 29, 2010 6:25:18 AM

We need to know about your power supply as its very important we dont sugest a card that needs more power than your power supply can give it. Running a card that is not getting alll the power it needs can result with a number of issues, ranging from it just not working to it being damaged and broken or even breaking the whole system.

Mactronix
January 29, 2010 8:21:57 AM

sir
I checked in my bios setting. it showed vcore volt as 1.224. is there anyother way to check my power supply . actually checking power supply of any device i hardly used to bother before.
!