Sign in with
Your question

Overheating problem in amd

Last response: in Overclocking
October 7, 2012 4:12:06 AM

Hello,
I bought AMD fx 8150 Bulldozer processor....not only it gets overheated but crashes very frequently even if I run simple programs.
I am using it on Sabertooth 990FX R 2.0 Motherboard and 32 bit windows 7.
The present situation is like hell, I cannot even do simple jobs on my PC.
Please help me or tell me what the remedy is from your side (its in warranty period)or make the suitable changes in hardware.
Earliest possible help is sought.
October 7, 2012 4:21:42 AM

drsudhirkgupta said:
Hello,
I bought AMD fx 8150 Bulldozer processor....not only it gets overheated but crashes very frequently even if I run simple programs.
Please help me or tell me what the remedy is from your side (its in warranty period)or make the suitable changes in hardware.

Check temps with Core Temp should be 35C or below on idle and below 60C while stress testing on prime 95 also make sure the sabertooth is not overclocking it.
m
l
a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
October 7, 2012 4:24:45 AM

Sounds to me like the heatsink isn't mounted correctly, or a job at overclocking was horribly botched with too high Vcore.

We can't tell you how to make suitable changes in your hardware if you don't tell us what hardware you have...
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
October 7, 2012 4:27:23 AM

How long before it overheats? What CPU cooler are you using? I assume you didn't overclock? I'd bet the CPU cooler just isn't seated right or you didn't put thermal paste on it when installed.

Lastly why did you pay $100 for windows 7 and only get 32 bit when for the same price you can get 64bit which is better in ever way but the size of the install on your HDD.
m
l
October 7, 2012 4:27:42 AM

DarkSable said:
Sounds to me like the heatsink isn't mounted correctly, or a job at overclocking was horribly botched with too high Vcore.

We can't tell you how to make suitable changes in your hardware if you don't tell us what hardware you have...

Yeah he needs to make sure the CPU is running on the right voltage and that the Heat-sink is mounted on right
m
l
October 7, 2012 4:44:20 AM

Are you sure it's your CPU?, i think it could be something like bad ram too or am i wrong?
m
l
October 10, 2012 3:39:01 PM

drsudhirkgupta said:
Hello,

Use HWmonitor to see what is overheating it could be bad ram as said above, often the cpu will crash on boot or start up.
check for other culprits.
m
l
!