Need oppinions of my HAF X Water cooling list of components

Hello everyone first of all if this is posted in wrong place please move it please my question will cover many things so was insecure where to put it.

i am going to water cool my pc ive more or less decided wich parts seems best first time useing water cooling so i wouldnt know for sure tho but ive read alot about it.

thing is tho im woundering if i need one or two loops i am going to water cool my motherboard (Rampage IV Extreme) cpu ( i7-3820 i will uppgrade to ivy bridge when that release as far as i know it havent tho) and graphic cards (XFX Radeon HD 7950 Black edition) and maybe ram later on now ive the water coolin parts ive almost decided to get is

pump: Swiftech MCP655-B. placed at hotswap trays i dont need them anyway
Main Radiator: Black Ice GT Stealth 360 would have prefered Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 but dont seem to fit the top of my case (HAF X) .
Main Reservoir: Aquacomputer Aquabox Professional 5.25" Bay Reservoir.
cpu block: Swiftech Apogee HD
GPU Block: Aquacomputer AquagrATIx HD 7950
Fans: Delta 120 x 38mm Super Extreme High-Speed Fan - 240.96 CFM, 5200 RPMs (with fan controller on 2000 rpms)

if i would need a second loop id take Black Ice GTX Xtreme 120 for motherboard and gpus
and EK Dual Loop / Dual Bay SPIN Reservoir w/ Flow Meters or just a tiny internal one.

the priority what i would like answered is if i need two loops or the list i made first is enoughfor everything

if the fans listed is good enough and if it will reduce the sound with the controller or if you have other fans to recomend

and last thing: if the components ive selected are good in combination like pump dont work well with the rad and so on
price is not really a problem so what ever you have to recomend im open for sugestions but i want maximum cooling the best of the best, that can fit my case

as you might notice ive put alot of thinking into this and scanned the internet for answers but after a while i got tunnel vision wich is why im asking
also i made a pic how i planed to make the placement of everything and tubeing but i have no idea how to insert that to here :s
8 answers Last reply
More about need oppinions water cooling list components
  1. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Overclocking by Mousemonkey
  2. If you plan to cool mb and ram later yeah I'd put those alone on a second loop as their blocks tend to be very restrictive. Save the 360 for CPU and GPU though. To add a photo just upload it somewhere and use without the spaces between brackets.
  3. scopey86 said:
    If you plan to cool mb and ram later yeah I'd put those alone on a second loop as their blocks tend to be very restrictive. Save the 360 for CPU and GPU though. To add a photo just upload it somewhere and use without the spaces between brackets.

Okey thanks! Ive looked more deeply on how to fit dual rads in HAF X and it can be done but its not easy to make it look good as i understood it out so Ive decided to change case cooler master said haf x can fit rads to 80mm which it clearly cant Ive measured it my self it will go over the ram slots by quite a bit. yeah i did think dual loops would be needed but wasn't sure. oh and do you think Masterkleer 12,7/9,5 tubes would be enough? thanks again for your help!
  4. Masterkleer is a good choice for tubing, as for the size it's up to you really there. Keep in mind obviously whatever sizing you get for tubing you need to match for fittings (be they compression or barb)
  5. scopey86 said:
    Masterkleer is a good choice for tubing, as for the size it's up to you really there. Keep in mind obviously whatever sizing you get for tubing you need to match for fittings (be they compression or barb)

ah okey up to me gee i like that hehe i thought that maybe it would be to small and add more restriction which in my head sounds like a bad thing well since its my first time water cooling at the moment i have no preference so which size of tubes would you recommend? also add the size of fittings id need for that for my first build then i can decide to go bigger or smaller if i so will. i think i will go for compression though they seem to be more secure then barb since it looks like the tube can easily slip off but i could be wrong
  6. The most common size people use is 1/2" ID 3/4" OD I believe, I personally use 3/8" 1/2" personally but it's up to you. Either compression or barb will do a good job as long as you tighten them properly. I prefer compression fittings personally because they look nicer.
  7. scopey86 said:
    The most common size people use is 1/2" ID 3/4" OD I believe, I personally use 3/8" 1/2" personally but it's up to you. Either compression or barb will do a good job as long as you tighten them properly. I prefer compression fittings personally because they look nicer.

ah okey well i think that covers most of my questions thanks a lot you've been a lot of help!
  8. Good luck on your build!
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Overclocking