Sign in with
Your question

ATI RADEON HD 7770 (HIS iCooler GHZ Edition) Overclocking.

Last response: in Overclocking
October 7, 2012 3:27:42 PM

Hello,
So guys i bought this card today and its giving low fps at 1680x1050 on ultra (Battlefield 3) Fps : 30-40 and at 1280x720 Fps : 40-55 (sometimes reach 65) so i also want it to run on some good resolution like i said above.

So the thing am using to overclock is its own software comes with (HIS) - iTurbo.And am just gonna ask what will it be its stable clocks with good temp.

My System:
i5 2500k @3.3 GHZ
RAM 8 GB Corsair
PSU Cooler master GX550
Mobo Asus p8h61-mlx.
a c 79 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
October 7, 2012 3:53:59 PM

I wouldn't overclock anything with a crappy PSU like that.
m
l
October 7, 2012 4:00:20 PM

Sakkura said:
I wouldn't overclock anything with a crappy PSU like that.

Thanks for your crappy answer too.
Still waiting for a good answer.
m
l
Related resources
October 7, 2012 4:21:09 PM

Guys...........Please.
m
l
a c 79 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
October 7, 2012 4:26:53 PM

Jan3s said:
Thanks for your crappy answer too.
Still waiting for a good answer.

I'm not kidding. Overclocking increases the power draw and the temperature in your case, which could easily make your PSU misbehave.

Here are some conclusions from reviews of other Cooler Master GX models:

Quote:
Cooler Master GX 750 W looks like a good option for users looking for a mainstream 750 W power supply, however it has a major flaw that prevents us from recommending it: noise level at +3.3 V and +5VSB outputs were above the maximum allowed when we pulled 600 W and above from this unit. High noise levels overload and can even damage components on your computer.

(...) it is only safe to run this new Cooler Master unit up to 450 W.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-GX...

Quote:
The Cooler Master GX 650W is a mediocre power supply for couple of years ago, and an outright failure today. The Build Quality of the unit is nothing to write home about (unless it is a warning), the topology is old and outdated, and the exterior is flash over substance. Coupled with this we have mediocre voltage, poor by today's standards efficiency, and out of specification DC Output Quality. One upping this poor showing is that fact that the unit was completely unable to complete our load tests at 100v AC input. That makes the GX 650W not just a failure by our standards, but rather a double failure and an ugly one at that. Making matters worse is the fact that this unit is priced at up to $100 in retail and $70 online. (Users can pick up the much better Seasonic M12II-620Bronze from Amazon with Free Prime Shipping for $98.29). As it stands, there really is not anyone that this unit would be a good fit for that we can think of, and certainly not for its intended crowd of "gamers." Cooler Master should be ashamed and owes all gamers and hardware enthusiasts an apology.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/11/22/cooler_master...

Quote:
Summary

Coolermaster has a decent 600 watt unit here. The unit does pretty well for stability and efficiency, doesn't get very loud, and... what? It's a 750 watt unit?

Facepalm.

Past Coolermaster units have done pretty well here in the lab, and I'm puzzled that this one has done so poorly. I hope that next time, if there is a next time, we'll have something worth getting excited about.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...
m
l
October 7, 2012 4:31:03 PM

Sakkura said:
I'm not kidding. Overclocking increases the power draw and the temperature in your case, which could easily make your PSU misbehave.

Here are some conclusions from reviews of other Cooler Master GX models:

Quote:
Cooler Master GX 750 W looks like a good option for users looking for a mainstream 750 W power supply, however it has a major flaw that prevents us from recommending it: noise level at +3.3 V and +5VSB outputs were above the maximum allowed when we pulled 600 W and above from this unit. High noise levels overload and can even damage components on your computer.

(...) it is only safe to run this new Cooler Master unit up to 450 W.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-GX...

Quote:
The Cooler Master GX 650W is a mediocre power supply for couple of years ago, and an outright failure today. The Build Quality of the unit is nothing to write home about (unless it is a warning), the topology is old and outdated, and the exterior is flash over substance. Coupled with this we have mediocre voltage, poor by today's standards efficiency, and out of specification DC Output Quality. One upping this poor showing is that fact that the unit was completely unable to complete our load tests at 100v AC input. That makes the GX 650W not just a failure by our standards, but rather a double failure and an ugly one at that. Making matters worse is the fact that this unit is priced at up to $100 in retail and $70 online. (Users can pick up the much better Seasonic M12II-620Bronze from Amazon with Free Prime Shipping for $98.29). As it stands, there really is not anyone that this unit would be a good fit for that we can think of, and certainly not for its intended crowd of "gamers." Cooler Master should be ashamed and owes all gamers and hardware enthusiasts an apology.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/11/22/cooler_master...

Quote:
Summary

Coolermaster has a decent 600 watt unit here. The unit does pretty well for stability and efficiency, doesn't get very loud, and... what? It's a 750 watt unit?

Facepalm.

Past Coolermaster units have done pretty well here in the lab, and I'm puzzled that this one has done so poorly. I hope that next time, if there is a next time, we'll have something worth getting excited about.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...

I overclocked my gtx 460 with it and it was working fine.
m
l
October 10, 2012 12:38:26 AM

Am still looking for an right answer guys.
m
l
!