No display after a new cpu upgrade

yesterday i received a new cpu for my pc (core 2 duo e6600). i used to have a pentium D, i installed the cpu (e6600) and everything correctly and i turned on the pc and the fans spin and everything, but i get no display on my monitor! i cant even reach the BIOS! i cant see completely nothing! then i put back the old cpu (pentium D) and it worked like normal! the pc turned on like it supposed to, i got display!, i only dont get display when i install the e6600 cpu! my motherboard is fully compatible with this cpu! http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pro...nuID=1&LanID=0

here is what i have tried:
cleared cmos
checked the powersupply
checked if the cpu was on the slot well put
my video card is not dead! it fully works!
and i also updated my bios to: v1.09, 9/7/2007

all my pc specs i can think of:
power supply: ULTRA 550 watts
motherboard: 945gct-M3
Video Card: nvidia GeForce 9600 GSO
250GB HDD

I CANT AFFORD ANOTHER PC!
5 answers Last reply
More about display upgrade
  1. It supports the old 65 nm Conroe E6600, not the new 45 nm Wolfdale E6600.

Maybe a BIOS update will solve your problem, but I doubt it.

This is what happens when Intel recycles model numbers.
  2. it is a conroe!!(core 2 duo)!
  3. This is one reason why you shouldn't double post.

I saw your other post. You said you bought the CPU from someone. You may have bought a dead CPU. Did you see the chip work in another system?

If you reinstall the original chip, does your system work?
  4. Hey jsc... Didn't notice you post about shifting it to this thread. :)

But anyways, that is what is suspected that it maybe a dead one. That's why i asked is it a new one or bought from someone.
  5. jsc said:
    This is one reason why you shouldn't double post.

I saw your other post. You said you bought the CPU from someone. You may have bought a dead CPU. Did you see the chip work in another system?

If you reinstall the original chip, does your system work?

i did not saw it working on another system because i bought it from ebay, but! when the core 2 duo is on, the display does not gives image and the computer stays on.
    and when the pentium D is on, the computer works perfectly.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards CPUs Displays