Sign in with
Your question

Asus P7P55D-E Pro post fail, most of the time.

Last response: in Motherboards
September 4, 2010 8:06:18 AM

My motherboard post will cycle through the CPU the RAM and then stay on the VGA led. I know there is nothing wrong with it because sometimes the post will pass if i restart it enough times and games/benchmarks all work fine. I also may have a case of bad ram because even if it the post pass and windows boots up, it sometimes freezes but can bad ram cause the post to fail? If this is the case, i will be upgrading my ram to Corsair DDR3 4GB CMD4GX3M2A1600C8.

My setup: (bought everything new 3 days ago)

Asus p7p55d-e pro
Corsair DDR3 4GB CMX4GX3M2A1600C9
Intel i5 760
Corsair HX650
Asus GTX460 768
WD caviar black 500GB
CoolerMaster HAF 922
CoolerMaster V8
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 156 V Motherboard
September 4, 2010 8:17:06 AM

Are you overclocking?
m
l
September 4, 2010 9:33:24 AM

Nope, just want my system to run.
m
l
Related resources
October 4, 2010 6:40:07 AM

petert10k said:
Nope, just want my system to run.

There are alot of threads on the web describing compatibilty issues between P7P55D and CMX4GX3m2a1600C9 RAM. Better do some research about it.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 4, 2010 7:26:31 AM

I have the same problem, maybe not as severely as yours, as I understand.

I have Asus P7P55D.

Out of 10-15 cold bootups, I have one POST failure and the VGA LED remains lit red. I shut my computer down with the power button on the case and power it on again. Then I have a successful POST and Windows loads normally. Once loaded, Windows runs indefinitely without any problem.

I have no problem with warm reboots, such as the restarts after program updates.

Nothing is overclocked. Everything is at default value of AUTO, plus many settings in BIOS, which I have no use for, are DISABLED, such as Serial port, 1394, Express Gate, Virtualization Tech, C-State Tech, e-SATA/PATA controller, etc.

But for the last three months, I am not having the issue. 1) This could be due to the BIOS version 1702, which I had installed in mid-June. 2) This could be due to summer season. All cold boot-ups are actually warm boot-ups because of high ambient temperatures. 3) This could be due to the fact that my motherboard learned how to boot properly after many failures.

If ambient temperature is a factor, I will learn soon as the cold weather is closing in on my computer.

My VGA card is, Sapphire Radeon HD5770. It is also at stock speeds. Not overclocked at all. I am no gamer. This VGA card is marketed several months after P7P55D.

It also takes 15-16 seconds before I hear a beep sound and then POST screen appears.
m
l
October 5, 2010 10:01:00 AM

Mine also takes ages to post, but after that its all good now. I found out that my gpu was fauilty so swaped that for a new one and it has been working perfectly ever since. :) 
m
l
!