Sign in with
Your question

Gaming Mouse,......best Brand???

Last response: in Systems
February 1, 2010 7:31:24 AM

I am not sure if this is the right category to post this.

Suggest me a gaming mouse .My budget is 40 $ . Also suggest combos(keyboard+Mouse)...budget at the most for this would be around 60$...

Is Razer the best company in the league of mouse manufacturers??If nt......???

More about : gaming mouse brand

February 1, 2010 7:38:17 AM

I'm not sure if Razor is the best, but it does seemed to be popular.

I'm currently using the Death Adder mouse. Works nicely, the blue lights look cool too. Think there are macros that you can program too.

Cheers
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 1, 2010 7:50:59 AM

Razor sure is a good one and so are Logitech, Microsoft(Yes their IntelliMouse is also a good option), Steelseries...but more than the brand, the shape of the mouse is more important...
A mouse that would fit good 1 person's hand might not fit as good in an another person's hand...So first try using different mices from many companies and buy the one that is comfortable to you...
Some good option...
RAZOR - Death Adder / Copperhead/ Salmosa...
Logitech - MX 518/ G500/ G5
Microsoft - Microsoft IntelliMouse
m
l
Related resources
February 1, 2010 12:08:18 PM

I've owned a few different gaming mice.

Logitech G9 - First gaming mouse I owned. No complaints, after about a year the right button started sticking pretty bad so I moved onto the:

Razer Lachesis - I used this mouse for about a month. If you like a light mouse with supersensitive control, this is the one. Personally I could never get used to how little feedback the lack of weight caused. Side buttons were also difficult to use.

Microsoft Sidewinder - I've been using this mouse for about a year now. I absolutely love it. It's weighted like the G9, has on the fly dpi control (up to 2000) for gaming/normal pc activity. Most of all though, it's the only mouse I've found that has verticle side buttons vs horizontal. They're both perfectly positioned for your thumb and you'll never misclick or fumble around again.

With that said, there is probably no other part that is as subjective as a mouse. Goto your local fry's, microcenter, best buy and test each mouse. Do you like larger or smaller, heavy or light. Buying sight unseen isn't recommended.
m
l
February 26, 2012 4:38:55 AM

rockintez said:
I am not sure if this is the right category to post this.

Suggest me a gaming mouse .My budget is 40 $ . Also suggest combos(keyboard+Mouse)...budget at the most for this would be around 60$...

Is Razer the best company in the league of mouse manufacturers??If nt......???

So razer is a good company if not a bit overpriced. However the problem that people have with them is that the mice break relatively quickly. I would personally suggest the logitech G400. It's 37 on amazon. HOWEVER it is a PALM grip mouse, but if that's ok it is a great mouse. It lasts forever and feels nice. It may not look wicked bad ass like many other flashy gaming mice but its a r eally nice mouse. Another plus is that the logitech software is REALLY good. I have tried the logitech g400 and a TT mouse, and its amazing how much of a difference the mouse software makes.

If you want to look for a smaller claw/fingertip style mouse you may have to spend a bit more. I am personaly looking to get a corsair mouse but it's around 60, but it looks like a really nice mouse. Uhm so as far as companies go Razer is ok, wouldnt suggest it. Logitech will last forever and are really nice and good value, and then you can look at other brands like TT, corsair, microsoft, steelseries are some companies to look at.

For keyboards i have a logitech g510 and love it. You can look at steelseeries, TT, Corsair ( those keyboards look really sweet), and logitech.

And my final piece of advice is try and find people who have these mice/keyboards so you can try them. It really comes down to personal taste: what you prefer will probably be different then what others do, so its really nice to try these things out. There is no 'best' mouse or keyboard.
m
l
!