Solved

HOW TO REPLACE A ASUS P5LP-LE MOTHERBOARD

Hello,HOW TO REPLACE A ASUS P5LP-LE MOTHERBOARD WITH MOST CURRENT AVAILABLE BOARD
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about replace asus p5lp motherboard
  1. You wanting to keep the same CPU & RAM or looking to jump up with a new CPU & RAM too? Also, do you have a budget in mind for this upgrade??
  2. Jump up with new CPU & RAM, Looking to add windows 7, BR durner to use as a dvr, or if it gets to expensive maybe get something new around the 600.00 ballpark. Thanks
  3. Is Newegg.com an option to purchase from?...

So you are looking at $600 for CPU, MOBO, RAM, Win7 and maybe a BD... Correct?
  4. Yes, I don't know if it would be better to purchase new or upgrade, I have a HP M7170n Media center desktop, its old but works for me.
  5. My recommendation would be to keep your current PC and save up about $1,000 and build a completely new system. One can be built for $600 but IMO you have a better system & options at $1,000.
  6. Ok, can you tell me what your looking at for 600.00 and what better options at $1000? Here is something I found (I Like the HDMI) what do you think. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

$578.99
    Free Shipping

Intel Core i5-650 3.2GHz Dual-Core/Asus H55 Barebones Kit (4GB/60GB SSD/1TB HDD) $578.99 , Sep. 2 11 AM
    Newegg has this Intel Core i5-650 Dual-Core/Asus Intel H55 Desktop Barebones Kit:

Intel Core i5-650 3.2GHz LGA 1156 Desktop Processor (RETAIL)
    Asus P7H55-M PRO Intel H55 HDMI LGA 1156 Micro ATX Motherboard
    4GB (2x2GB) OCZ Signature DDR3-1600MHz PC3-12800 Desktop Memory
    1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 7200RPM/32MB 3.5" Internal SATA Hard Drive
    Thermaltake V6 BlackX Edition Gaming Computer Case w/ Top Mounted HDD Docking Station
    OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W ATX Power Supply (80PLUS, Modular)
    all for a low $578.99 Free Shipping after rebates. Tax in CA, NJ, TN.
  7. Best answer
    For an HTPC type computer, that barebones kit is pretty good with the SSD and 1TB drive. If you are wanting more of a gaming system, you could simply add in an EVGA GTX 460 for $240 more and make it a pretty capable gaming system.

For $1,000, I was talking more about the types of builds you can find in these threads...

BestConfigs - Budget AMD-Based Gaming PC
    BestConfigs - Budget Intel-Based Gaming PC
  8. Thanks for your help
  9. Best answer selected by sylwil.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Motherboards Product