Geforce7800GTX & Geforce2 MX/MX 400 (PCI)

lex89

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
I'm trying to run three monitors using the Geforce 7800GTX (PCI-e with 2 DVI connections) and the Geforce2 MX/MX 400 (PCI with 1 VGA connection). I had this setup running before I reformatted my PC, but I can't get it to work now. The 7800 works fine, but the MX400 has the 'This device cannot start' problem. I'm on Windows XP 32-bit. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Solution
Nvidia no longer supports cards that are older than the Geforce6 generation which your second card is far far to old and is totally unsupported. Also what driver there is in the os for the older card may conflict with the 7800gtx so one of the cards may not work at all when the other is installed. If your board has a second pci-e slot you should look into another some what modern card like another 7800gtx.
Nvidia no longer supports cards that are older than the Geforce6 generation which your second card is far far to old and is totally unsupported. Also what driver there is in the os for the older card may conflict with the 7800gtx so one of the cards may not work at all when the other is installed. If your board has a second pci-e slot you should look into another some what modern card like another 7800gtx.

Solution