Ati graphic board startup problems too cold

twarg2

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
It appears I'm having a similar problem to the folks on this thread...at startup (within a few minutes) my Sapphire 5770 card will do the vertical line thing. It happens on both Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and Windows XP Pro 32-bit. Drivers are ATI CCC 9.12. Have latest MB Bios, checked memory (RAM), checked hard drives, turned off power management, etc. etc. etc. Still have the problem. Used ATI overdrive to increase the initial GPU and Memory clock values from 157MHz:300Mhz to 400Mhz:900Mhz and still have problems. Board runs at ~36 degrees idle, and stays under 60 degrees when running stress tests. A very temporary workaround is: once the problem occurs and locks up the system: shutdown the system, wait a few seconds and turn off the power supply, wait a few more seconds and turn on the power supply, and restart the system. I have never had the problem reappear after the power cycle, but once you shutdown again (or system goes in sleep mode) for more than a few minutes, all bets are off! My Configuration: MB: Gigabyte GA790XTA-UD4 CPU: AMD Phenom X4 945 Memory: 4GB OCZ (2 2GB chips) HDs: 2 1TB seagates (SATA) Video: Sapphire HD5770 I've tried to fix the issue for more than 1 month with no luck. Time to RMA the card and go Nvidia.

I would have worked on this for a day or two beforoe RMAing the card. I've gottem 2 bum cards that were Nvidia before, never an ATI. It happens for both, not sure why you would not just get a replacement for this card. I don't really see the relevance in this post what so ever besides to rant.

twarg2

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010

Thanks for all your help!! It was the ATI driver. ATI CCC Version 10.2 fixes the problem. Oh, was this ranting?