Data transfer issue win 7 to an external device (via firewire,usb)

Hey please i need help with something. I have just bought a new computer, motherboard (dx58so), Processor (Intel i7 950), 6gb memmory, Video Card (nvidia 8400gs), Power supply (Corsair 750 professional)... I putted together and i installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits. It worked fine but it has an unnsual problem when i try to save something from the computer to a external device, (USB, External disc, etc), it doesnt work well, it is really slow and sometimes it blocks.. When i use only the intern disc it works normal... I called Intel for help, and they told that it could be my power supply, because i had a 550 v before, so i bought the corsair 750 professional.. I Putted together and still has that problem... I updated the BIOS and nothing works... Someone told me that could be windws 7 64 bits... Please somebody help me.. i dont know if it is a problem of the motherboard..
2 answers Last reply
More about data transfer issue external device firewire
  1. "it doesnt work well, it is really slow and sometimes it blocks."

Could you possibly be more clear on your problem?
  2. I am experiencing a similar problem with the same motherboard. Windows 7 64bit. Data transfer is horredously slow if it works and the system will completely freezes or sits in a transferring state indefinetely 9 out of 10 times a data transfer is atempted (cold boot required). The transfers are to any device (external HD, iPod, etc) via USB. I also have firewire and eSata ports on this board but I do not have any devices to test them on. Anyone have anything on this???
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs