Sign in with
Your question

Data transfer issue win 7 to an external device (via firewire,usb)

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
April 8, 2010 6:12:47 PM

Hey please i need help with something. I have just bought a new computer, motherboard (dx58so), Processor (Intel i7 950), 6gb memmory, Video Card (nvidia 8400gs), Power supply (Corsair 750 professional)... I putted together and i installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits. It worked fine but it has an unnsual problem when i try to save something from the computer to a external device, (USB, External disc, etc), it doesnt work well, it is really slow and sometimes it blocks.. When i use only the intern disc it works normal... I called Intel for help, and they told that it could be my power supply, because i had a 550 v before, so i bought the corsair 750 professional.. I Putted together and still has that problem... I updated the BIOS and nothing works... Someone told me that could be windws 7 64 bits... Please somebody help me.. i dont know if it is a problem of the motherboard..
a c 131 à CPUs
April 13, 2010 2:22:46 PM

"it doesnt work well, it is really slow and sometimes it blocks."

Could you possibly be more clear on your problem?
m
l
June 27, 2010 5:51:03 PM

I am experiencing a similar problem with the same motherboard. Windows 7 64bit. Data transfer is horredously slow if it works and the system will completely freezes or sits in a transferring state indefinetely 9 out of 10 times a data transfer is atempted (cold boot required). The transfers are to any device (external HD, iPod, etc) via USB. I also have firewire and eSata ports on this board but I do not have any devices to test them on. Anyone have anything on this???
m
l
!