How much is my Computer worth?

cyberman86

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2008
I have Custom built Desktop 1.5 yrs old, I payed about $1100 to build it, and i want to know how much can i Sell it for or people will be willing to pay for. I will probably sell it on Craigslist, to not pay Ebay fees. These computer can run any game, any program i throw at it.

These are the Specs:

Processor: Quad Core Q9550 @2.8ghz
Motherboard: Asus P5QC
OCZ Vanquisher CPU Fan
4gb of memory Ram
500gb WD hard drive Caviar Black
Nvidia EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 Super Clocked
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Sound Card
Power Supply: Corsair 650-TX
DVD Burner/Reader
Soprano RS 101 Case
Windows 7 Ultimate (Fresh Install)

Probably not. Did you calculate each part's separate value as new?

I'd guess you can realistically expect to get $550. $600 would be a realistic upper limit to the expectations.

Of course, it's only worth what someone will pay for it. You can always list it higher and decrease it if it doesn't sell...

A lot. It probably be worth about $300 then.

I'm not a big believer in buying/selling outdated computers. Everyone knows they lose their value extremely fast. What you could sell an old computer for shouldn't be a factor in the decision process. Does your computer do what you need it to now? If yes, don't sell it. If no, get rid of it and get a new one.

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
I would wager to say that most people who are comfortable buying a new computer are equally comfortable building their own... so whatever you think it's worth, see if you can build a new computer for the same price and if the new computer is faster... well, you know you're overpricing your rig. I know 50% depreciation is a tough pill to swallow, but that's just the way technology works.

The month the Nvidia 7800 GTX came out it was $600 and I bought one at that price. Now? Ha... I wouldn't pay $20 for it.