Running slide show on external monitor

SMK pool

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
Hello,
I've connected an external TV monitor to my Dell Inspirion 5160 running XP home. I got all the connections OK, and can operate programs from the TV. However, I can't run a slide show on the TV - only on the laptop. The closest I get is dragging the directory to the TV, then selecting the proper folder and the slide show. It always runs on the laptop. I can open each jpg file on the TV but a slide show still runs on the laptop monitor. I can run a PDF file on the TV, but not the slide show. Only thing I can figure is to switch the primary and secondary monitors, but when I press the function key to do this nothing seems to happen. I once got the Window boot screen to show on the TV, but it reverted back to the laptop screen. I have a NVidiaa card, but it seems to me that it is something other than a graphics interface - something in the operating system or setup.
Any ideas?

SMK pool

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012

Thanks. I believe I tried that, but nothing happened. I'll have to check it again. Unfortunately, this is at my mother's house - 500 mile from where I live - when I was there last week. So it'll be a while before I get back there to re-check it.

I"ll let you know at that time - appreciate the response.