Sign in with
Your question

Running slide show on external monitor

Last response: in Windows XP
September 9, 2012 9:58:04 PM

Hello,
I've connected an external TV monitor to my Dell Inspirion 5160 running XP home. I got all the connections OK, and can operate programs from the TV. However, I can't run a slide show on the TV - only on the laptop. The closest I get is dragging the directory to the TV, then selecting the proper folder and the slide show. It always runs on the laptop. I can open each jpg file on the TV but a slide show still runs on the laptop monitor. I can run a PDF file on the TV, but not the slide show. Only thing I can figure is to switch the primary and secondary monitors, but when I press the function key to do this nothing seems to happen. I once got the Window boot screen to show on the TV, but it reverted back to the laptop screen. I have a NVidiaa card, but it seems to me that it is something other than a graphics interface - something in the operating system or setup.
Any ideas?

More about : running slide show external monitor

September 13, 2012 11:23:01 PM

Anywhere on the desktop right click, click properties, switch the screens in the settings area where you adjust the screen resolution, see if that fixes it.... by switching the TV monitor as the main and making the Laptop extended, it may solve the issue.
m
l
September 15, 2012 10:18:10 PM

penguintech said:
Anywhere on the desktop right click, click properties, switch the screens in the settings area where you adjust the screen resolution, see if that fixes it.... by switching the TV monitor as the main and making the Laptop extended, it may solve the issue.

Thanks. I believe I tried that, but nothing happened. I'll have to check it again. Unfortunately, this is at my mother's house - 500 mile from where I live - when I was there last week. So it'll be a while before I get back there to re-check it.

I"ll let you know at that time - appreciate the response.
m
l
Related resources
!