thief 2, blackmail mission:...is that a bug?

in the blackmail mission, i have to enter truat's room and confront with
him...
but you know i'll find him dead, so the "confront" objective has no more
sense...but surprise!it still remains active, and i dunno how to end the
mission, even leaving the estate...
any help, please?!

"Robo-One" <a@i.ot> wrote in message
> in the blackmail mission, i have to enter truat's room and confront with
> him...
> but you know i'll find him dead, so the "confront" objective has no more
> sense...but surprise!it still remains active, and i dunno how to end the
> mission, even leaving the estate...
> any help, please?!

Hmm, did you see the sequence where the guards go on full alert looking for
Truart's killer? It happens when you enter the hall before the flight of
stairs to the third (?) floor. I think that sequence cancels your original
objective and gives you a new one.

-Scott Roper

Robo-One wrote:

> in the blackmail mission, i have to enter truat's room and confront with
> him...
> but you know i'll find him dead, so the "confront" objective has no more
> sense...but surprise!it still remains active, and i dunno how to end the
> mission, even leaving the estate...
> any help, please?!

Have you applied the Thief 2 patch already? You can get it from the files
section at Thief: The Circle (http://www.thief-thecircle.com/).

Beware though, I think it'll make your save games incompatible, so you'll
have to start over. You can, of course, skip to the next mission...

--
Chris Herborth chrish@cryptocard.com
Documentation Overlord, CRYPTOCard Corp. http://www.cryptocard.com/

loony

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2001

"Robo-One" <a@i.ot> wrote in message
> in the blackmail mission, i have to enter truat's room and confront with
> him...
> but you know i dunno how to end the
> mission, even leaving the estate...
> any help, please?!

Good God man, offer a little spoiler space next time please :) That's one
of the best twists in the game!

As someone else pointed out, you have to approach his room from the hallway
to set off the script that gives you your next objective.

Good luck
Loony

I had a completly same problem as you,and I skiped to te next level,after 2 days of running around.
cheers from belgrade