Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I5 processor

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
October 8, 2012 6:19:48 AM

Hello,
I am going to buy new processor for my system. (previous i3 2100 got damage). All i do is gaming and gaming and gaming. Can you pls help in selecting between i5 2400 or i5 2500k . i have an ASUS H61 mobo so unable to OC.

Regards.

More about : processor

October 8, 2012 6:24:00 AM

2400 because if you get a 2500k which is i big overclocker and you have a H61 board whicj can't overclock the the 2500k would be irrelevant and you won't see that much differance in preformane anyways
m
0
l
October 8, 2012 6:26:34 AM

In near future i was hoping to buy Z68 mobo. (not pretty sure about that) how about i5 2500 will it increase FPS during games than the i5 2400?
m
0
l
Related resources
October 8, 2012 6:29:48 AM

sami_ahmadpk said:
In near future i was hoping to buy Z68 mobo. (not pretty sure about that) how about i5 2500 will it increase FPS during games than the i5 2400?

maybe 1 fps 3 at tops but just stay with the H61 and get a 2400 it really is the best deal for you unless you really want to try overclocking
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
October 8, 2012 6:32:35 AM

if your not buying a new motherboard go with the 2400 its pointless buying a 2500k if you cant overclock it
m
0
l
October 8, 2012 6:40:47 AM

^+1 that's exactly what i said
m
0
l
October 8, 2012 6:53:29 AM

Thanks a lot for your help. if i buy ASUS Z68 mobo and i 2500k than will it be fine for all my gaming needs. say ultra settings at 1080P. i have a MSI GTX 550 ti OC edition. i finisehd BF3 at ultra settings with this card and i3 2100 & 4 gb RAM 1333 MHZ
m
0
l
October 8, 2012 6:59:18 AM

uh...well the 550 Ti is kinda a entry level gaming card so in bf3 at 1080p i would say low or medium settings to get 45+ fps and if you do get a z68 board get a ASRock z68 extreme3 gen3 or a Asus P8Z68-V LX but for that price i would just get a ASRock z77 extreme4
m
0
l
October 8, 2012 6:59:27 AM

sami_ahmadpk said:
Thanks a lot for your help. if i buy ASUS Z68 mobo and i 2500k than will it be fine for all my gaming needs. say ultra settings at 1080P. i have a MSI GTX 550 ti OC edition. i finisehd BF3 at ultra settings with this card and i3 2100 & 4 gb RAM 1333 MHZ


Gaming on ultra setting benefits from GPU heavily than from CPU. So, I suggest you buy a different GPU to play on ulra settings.

GTX 670 will do very good on most games on Ultra at 1080p.
m
0
l
October 8, 2012 7:02:59 AM

acerace said:
Gaming on ultra setting benefits from GPU heavily than from CPU. So, I suggest you buy a different GPU to play on ulra settings.

GTX 670 will do very good on most games on Ultra at 1080p.

:pfff:  his cpu was damaged so he needs a new cpu maybe in the future he can get a new gpu but for now he has the 550 Ti
m
0
l
a b å Intel
a b 4 Gaming
a c 150 K Overclocking
October 8, 2012 7:13:23 AM

How does a CPU get damaged?

What did you do?
m
0
l
October 8, 2012 7:16:07 AM

amuffin said:
How does a CPU get damaged?

What did you do?

i never thought of that
that's a very good question
m
0
l
October 8, 2012 2:15:39 PM

devilofdeaths said:
:pfff:  his cpu was damaged so he needs a new cpu maybe in the future he can get a new gpu but for now he has the 550 Ti


I didn't mean now. I was just merely stating that his GPU is not quite capable of playing Ultra settings on high res.
m
0
l
October 8, 2012 7:50:12 PM

amuffin said:
How does a CPU get damaged?

What did you do?



Actually i didn't do anything. just the electricity failure did problem with the bios and so with the processor. even after getting updated bios from ASUS, the processor didn't start the machine. when i was taking out the cpu it gets slip from my hand and fell inside the machine. it gets a very little scratch on the border so now intel is saying that your cpu is damage. the dealer is still trying to get it replace from intel as it was under warranty but it is taking too much time. any how i have purchased i5 2400 and another stick of 4 gb ram. because some people are saying that i will not physically notice major improvement in i5 2400 vs i5 2500 performance. so now i have i5 2400 with 8 GB RAM.

Thanks a lot friends..
m
0
l
a b å Intel
a b 4 Gaming
a c 150 K Overclocking
October 9, 2012 1:48:30 AM

Are you sure it was your CPU?

Did you ever check your PSU....


Anyways, have fun. :) 
m
0
l
October 9, 2012 4:33:43 AM

amuffin said:
Are you sure it was your CPU?

Did you ever check your PSU....


Anyways, have fun. :) 


Yes i did check the cpu on other machine as well but it didn't work at all. and now new cpu is working perfectly on the old PSU.
m
0
l
!