Sign in with
Your question

Cpu temp montoring software??

Last response: in Overclocking
October 8, 2012 6:21:15 AM

just built my first pc:)  im very happy with it and plan on getting into overclocking. what is a good cpu temp monitoring program? also my heatsink fan is very slow on my cooler master evo plus heat sink. is this normal if i havnt done any overclocking yet?
October 8, 2012 5:50:30 PM

yip coretemp the best...
m
l
Related resources
October 8, 2012 6:16:10 PM

if im not running any programs i can literally see the blades of the fan spinning. first time i booted the computer is gave me a cpu fan error. hasnt given me one since tho, and my temps look ok, i just thought that would be my fastest fan in there. in the bios is says the fan is going at around 400-600 rpm
m
l
October 8, 2012 6:24:53 PM

Speccy.
m
l
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
October 8, 2012 9:36:12 PM

Don't worry about the low fan speed (at idle, anyway). The Evo fan runs very slow at boot and idle, assuming that the temps are low, so there's no problem at all with that.

Try stress testing the CPU to see what happens and use HWMonitor to check the fan speed. If the speed doesn't go up with the temp rise, then you may have an issue.

My guess is that your CPU is running cool enough at boot and idle that the fan doesn't need to spin any faster, but when you put some real stress on it, the speed will go up.
m
l
October 9, 2012 6:01:24 AM

DJDeCiBeL hit it on the nose. Try running something like prime95 to stress test/ heat up the cpu and see if that fan spins up for you. If not, you have a fan issue.
I tend to run Prime 95 for at least an hour on a new build to help "burn in" the chip. When OCing I run it for 24hrs to be 100% sure that I have a stable OC.

download.cnet.com/Prime95/3000-2053_4-192895.html
m
l
!