Sign in with
Your question

Rate my Rig!

Last response: in Systems
February 1, 2010 4:06:03 PM

On a scale from 1 - 10, higher is better!

CPU: i7-860

RAM: Corsair 8gb 1333mhz DDR3

Video: ati hd 5770

PSU: Corsair 550w

Motherboard: Intel P55

Sound: THC Studio

Monitor: 22" HD 16:9 LCD

Incase you are curious, this a Dell XPS 8100 and ive bought an extra PSU that i mentioned to install into it.

If you guys could help me out and rate my rig!

I plan for it to be a multi task machine including games.

Will this be future proof for at least 2 years?

More about : rate rig

a c 84 B Homebuilt system
February 1, 2010 4:22:05 PM

6.5 on the actual specs. 2 for getting it from Dell.

You wasted money on getting 8 GB of RAM.

Intel, despite making the CPUs, isn't a great choice for motherboards. You would have been better off with an Asus or Gigabyte. To really make a judgement, we need the exact model.

Not a very powerful video card, especially for gaming. If you hadn't gotten the 8 GB of RAM, you may have been able to afford the HD 5850.

A sound card is completely unnecessary.

You overpaid by buying a Dell. I'd be willing to bet that for what you paid, you could have bulit a much better system and still saved money.
m
l
February 1, 2010 4:33:21 PM

I do not plan to overclock anything whic is reason why i think the intel motherboard will be ok for me until i decide to dual a 5770 or perhaps get a better card single gpu. Think it will last me a couple years to at least run games 20-40 fps?
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 84 B Homebuilt system
February 1, 2010 4:39:42 PM

Depends on the monitor resolution and detail settings. If it's under 1900x and on high, chances are good that it will perform well for a while. If it's 1900x and high, it doesn't perform that well now.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
February 1, 2010 4:54:39 PM

I'd say about a 7. Only real problem is the graphics card -- it'll do OK in the short term, but it's the weakest link in your system.

Not a bad system by any means, but for how much you probably paid, you can do better.
m
l
February 1, 2010 5:04:26 PM

Actually i paid a reasonable price for it all with the monitor keyboard mice, speakers.

On newegg i configured the same system but with only 4gb g skill ram without a monitor and it seems as if i would have added a monitor it woulda been cheaper by only about 100$ so basically with me buying from Dell i basically paid for warranties and things like that.

And i do plan to upgrade video card here in a year or so. So hopefully it will allow me enjoy bfbc2 and aa3 in the mean time.
m
l
!