Acer Aspire 6935 Processor Upgrade

Skrapi

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire 6935Z and am looking at upgrading the Processor on it. It has an Intel Core 2 Deo T6400 (2.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache) Please someone help? I got people saying I can and others saying I can't. I was looking at this ebay item... I use alot of the Adobe CS4 products, and I do 3D animation (not very well but learning) and I also do a small bit of gaming.

Thadius856

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
Prebuilt laptops don't typically offer the option to replace your CPU.

Contact Acer. They could tell you if that model specifically allows for replacement of the CPU, though I doubt it. Also, most manufacturers would void your warranty for opening the case/chassis far enough to do it yourself, were it possible.

That Aspire was never offered with any other processor than the T6400. It is probably not gonna be able to accept anything different in order for a new processor to work in that laptop Acer would have to have support written into the bios for it so you are basically stuck with what you got also the cost of those mobile processors are so high it doesnt justify changeing it most times it is better to just buy a new laptop.

Skrapi

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Thanks for the quick reply people.

Well I phoned Acer yesterday because I thought that they would know, I got directed through to someone else, I asked them and they gave me the number for Acer (Even tho I phoned it off their site) and they said sorry but we don't know about upgrading or replacing and we cannot give you any recommended companies who might be able to do it.

Which I thought was kind of pathetic. Pc World want loads of details from me all the time, and they never find it for some reason... so they can never help me. But thanks guys, appretiate the quick reply. :)