Closed Solved

Need help finding SATA 2 cable for multiple drives

Heya.

I'm trying to find a SATA 2 cable that will support two or more SATA drives. If it terminates in a right angle connector, all the better.

Not so short version: I have a new caviar green WD10EARS drive and find myself down a cable to plug it into the motherboard. My GPU blocks the last remaining SATA 2 slot, so need to find a cable that links multiple SATA 2 drives on the same cable OR a cable that terminates in angle connectors at both ends that can squeeze between the GPU and the motherboard.

Advise would be greatly appreciated.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need finding sata cable multiple drives
  1. BBEG said:
    ...OR a cable that terminates in angle connectors at both ends that can squeeze between the GPU and the motherboard.

FYI... http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10226&cs_id=1022601&p_id=1249&seq=1&format=2
  2. 150 mb/s is awfully slow for a drive and mobo that can handle up to 3 gb/s...
  3. BBEG said:
    150 mb/s is awfully slow for a drive and mobo that can handle up to 3 gb/s...

My bad, try these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812119381
  4. Great, thanks. That's one down. Does a cable exist that links multiple SATA HDDs or is that a bit of a pipedream?

Edit: it looks like that's a SATA 3 cable. Will that work with a SATA 2 drive like mine?
  5. Best answer
    BBEG said:
    Great, thanks. That's one down. Does a cable exist that links multiple SATA HDDs or is that a bit of a pipedream?

Edit: it looks like that's a SATA 3 cable. Will that work with a SATA 2 drive like mine?

Sorry, I don't think such a cable exists for your purpose.

The SATA 3 cable is backwards compatible so it will work on SATA 2 drives.
  6. Best answer selected by BBEG.
  7. Ah, thanks muchly Dereck. Good go know and that'll make the buying fairly easy.
  8. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

SATA Cable Motherboards Storage Product