9800gtx+ and vcr

rathana_v

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
hi i tried searching for like an hour but i seem to cant the answer. i want to hook up a vcr to watch on my computer, but i am confused on the steps to do that. i have a evga 9800gtx+ gpu with a s-video port. could somebody tell me if i am able to watch vcr on my computer or is there something else that i need to get to be able to view it? thank you

jedimasterben

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
No, that is an output ONLY. The only video cards that have any inputs are the ATi All-in-Wonder cards, none of which are recent cards, IIRC. You can either get one of those, or get a dedicated TV tuner. Either way, you're looking at spending money.

So why exactly are you wanting to anything on a VCR, much less on your computer?

anonymousdude

Distinguished

There are things that never did get released to DVD

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Solution

welshmousepk

Distinguished

which you can also do with the device i linked :)

i have one (i tihnk its that exact model actually) for when i want to hook my PSP up to my monitor.

frozentundra123456

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
I have a tv tuner card with s-video inputs. How do I get the computer to show the input on the monitor. If I hook up a source I cant seem to get it to show on the monitor. Do I have to open the TV tuner and set a certain channel or what?? Seems simple, but I cant seem to get this to work.