WHich is better Value SSD here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a link to a brand new article that Tom's Hardware just published that will be of interest to you:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sata-6gbps-performance-sata-3gbps,3110.html

In your case you have an apples and oranges situation since you are asking about a smaller capacity SATA 2 3Gb/s ssd and a larger capacity SATA 3 6Gb/s ssd. Probably not enough of a performance difference to matter. I'd say go for the largest capacity ssd you can afford.

jamethead

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Inel has been having some problems with there SSDs and slow performance's so iv heard, but 220 dollars for 128gb isnt the best price either, i would actually go for a OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD for around 180 dollars, that's if you were already prepared to spend 200+ on the samsung ssd, save yourself some coin get the OCZ agility 3 possibly even gain so performance, but my answer may be really ignorant so take what you want from it xD ( i personally bought an 80 dollar 64gb OCZ ssd, and pretty much unless your upgrading from some top of the line HDD, even a lower end SSD will be like a bullet

Everyone has their own personal favorites. Here is my standard recommendation.

If reliability and stability is a major concern, then Samsung is worth considering. Samsung was awarded contracts to supply Dell, Sony, Lenovo, Apple and other off the shelf brands with OEM versions of their 470 Series SATA 2 3Gb/s ssd's. Eventually the 470's were released for retail sale to consumers. There have been no major issues reported. The 470 has an absolutely stellar record.

Then Samsung released their 830 Series SATA 3 6Gb/s ssd's as successors to the 470. The first ones were OEM versions for Dell and the other off the shelf brands followed by release of retail versions for consumers. The ssd's are Samsung's own design with their own components and firmware. It looks like Samsung got it right again.

Here is a link the to ssd database:

http://www.johnnylucky.org/data-storage/ssd-database.html

Scroll down to the brands and models you are interested in and then click on the links to the technical reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.