Solved

Asus P7P55 D-E Pro ...or... Asus P7P55D Deluxe

Hello, Just wondering which of these mobo's to choose from :
Asus P7P55 D-E Pro ...or... Asus P7P55D Deluxe

The prices at newegg are $179.00 and $164.99 respectively..

I really like Asus, however if you are going to suggest another board from another manufacturer....dont just do it because of opinion...lol....facts and experience would be apprecated as good reasons. I am only going 1156 as well

Primary usage of system : gaming
The rest of the parts are:
LITE-ON CD/DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model

COOLER MASTER HAF 922 Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

XFX Black Edition 750W ATX12V v2.2 / ESP12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular

EVGA GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) Superclocked EE 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support

Intel Core i5-760 Lynnfield 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus p7p55 asus p7p55d deluxe
  1. anyone?
  2. hmmm...i was thinkin so too...but i want to see what others will say
  3. rolli59 said:

I go with the pro for the same reasons, and if you're buying from Newegg you can get the Pro/i5-760 combo for 30$ off effectively making the Pro not only the better, but also cheaper option...

Combo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.492249&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-RSSDailyDeals-_-na-_-na&AID=10521304&PID=3463938&SID=eg3nwddeja
  4. ok..isnt it true that when a person puts 2 sli cards on the 1156 board,,,it disables the sata 6gb/s and usb 3.0
  5. Zephyrhills said:
    ok..isnt it true that when a person puts 2 sli cards on the 1156 board,,,it disables the sata 6gb/s and usb 3.0

The E-pro has the PLX chipset which solves that issue.
    What you're referring to is an issue on some of the Gigabyte P55A boards.
  6. ok, thanks a lot... I really like the 'clear cmos' button, 'power off/on', and the 'ov switches' on the deluxe version tho and I also like the remote lol and the higher power phase. I will b overclockin so I would say this will serve me well.
    What you think?
  7. Best answer
    Zephyrhills said:
    ok, thanks a lot... I really like the 'clear cmos' button, 'power off/on', and the 'ov switches' on the deluxe version tho and I also like the remote lol and the higher power phase. I will b overclockin so I would say this will serve me well.
    What you think?

The Deluxe was and still is a kick-ass board when it was released in 2009.
    I know cuz it was between that and my Gigabyte P55-UD5.
    Bought the Giggy cuz it was @$30 cheaper.
    Don't miss sata3 or usb3 either cuz even if i had it i wouldn't be using it.
    Not exactly mainstream features at the moment.
    Sata2 is more then sufficient.
    A year or two down the road add a pci expansion card for usb3 and sata3.
    Nice stuff on the Deluxe go for it!
  8. USB3 and SATA6 is not mainstream now but a year from now it might be a very useful thing to have.
  9. I am agree with Davcon...simply because as he said , usb 3 and sata 6 are not mainly used rite now.. and i cud always buy the extension.
    However I know i wont have a problem not having it cuz I really dont need it.
    sand i luv the deluxe feature of the p7p55d deluxe from asus.
    its great, thats why imma go for it.
  10. Best answer selected by Zephyrhills.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Product