Will 2 radiators be enough?

Bobby Corwen

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I'm planning my first water cooling loop which will be cooling an i5-2500K and 2 GTX 670's in a HAF X. Will a 120.3 and a 140.1 be enough to keep everything cool? If not I may also be able to fit a 120.1 between the PSU and the HDD cage. I don't want to do any modding to my case that involves more than a screwdriver. I suppose I could also use and external radiator, but I would prefer to keep everything inside.

Running everything, CPU and GPUs on the same cooling loop?

It depends on your interpretation of cool > "be enough to keep everything cool?"

It depends on your 2500K overclocking intentions?

4.5ghz maybe?

Surely you're going to overclock your 2500K, one of the easiest to overclock CPUs on the planet?

It also depends on if you plan on overclocking the GPUs?

Here's where people screw up, throw everything in one loop but do not have the radiator cooling field to dissipate the heat, and hope it will be enough to get by.

Getting by, is all you'll be doing.

So what are your intentions?

Bobby Corwen

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

I have my 2500k at 4.4 GHz right now, I may try going higher on water depending on temperatures.

I'll try overclocking the 670's to get the core clock around 1000 MHz.

I would like to have the GPU temperatures around 50°C under load. Would this be possible with an RX360 and 2 RX120's with Cougar Vortex fans? I don't think my case has enough room for 2 loops.