multiplayer?

sjjn wrote:

> Haven't read anything regarding multiplayer support. Will it be possible?

Nope. But if you've got Unreal Tournament (the original), check this out:

http://www.thieveryut.com/

--
Chris Herborth chrish@cryptocard.com
Documentation Overlord, CRYPTOCard Corp. http://www.cryptocard.com/

"Chris Herborth" <chrish@cryptocard.com> wrote in message
> sjjn wrote:
>
> > Haven't read anything regarding multiplayer support. Will it be
possible?

> Nope.

And I certainly hope it remains "nope." My interest in buying a game goes
significantly down if it includes multiplayer support - and the weight I
give this factor is only increasing with time.

sjjn

I have been playing Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow online with some buddies,
and we all thought it would be great if thief did something similar with
Guards and Thieves.

"SpammersDie" <y@y.yyy> wrote in message

And I certainly hope it remains "nope." My interest in buying a game goes
significantly down if it includes multiplayer support - and the weight I
give this factor is only increasing with time.

If you haven't seen "Thievery UT", take a look at http://www.thieveryut.com/

It's an excellent rendition of our Thief world in a Guards vs Thieves
multiplayer (or solo) format, only requiring the basic Unreal Tournament
game and the free mod.

sjjn wrote:
> I have been playing Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow online with some buddies,
> and we all thought it would be great if thief did something similar with
> Guards and Thieves.
>

> "SpammersDie" <y@y.yyy> wrote in message
>
> And I certainly hope it remains "nope." My interest in buying a game goes
> significantly down if it includes multiplayer support - and the weight I
> give this factor is only increasing with time.

--
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
By the Beans of Java my thoughts acquire speed, my teeth acquire stain,

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 22:01:53 GMT, "sjjn" <sjjnhat@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

>I have been playing Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow online with some buddies,
>and we all thought it would be great if thief did something similar with
>Guards and Thieves.

Otherwise known as CTF. Not the careful taffing of a FM.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

loony

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2001

check out:
http://www.night-blade.com/

"sjjn" <sjjnhat@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
> I have been playing Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow online with some
buddies,
> and we all thought it would be great if thief did something similar with
> Guards and Thieves.
>

> "SpammersDie" <y@y.yyy> wrote in message
>
> And I certainly hope it remains "nope." My interest in buying a game goes
> significantly down if it includes multiplayer support - and the weight I
> give this factor is only increasing with time.

"SpammersDie" <y@y.yyy> wrote in message

> "Chris Herborth" <chrish@cryptocard.com> wrote in message
> > sjjn wrote:
> >
> > > Haven't read anything regarding multiplayer support. Will it be
> possible?
> >
> > Nope.
>
> And I certainly hope it remains "nope." My interest in buying a game goes
> significantly down if it includes multiplayer support - and the weight I
> give this factor is only increasing with time.

Amen. My experience with multiplayers has been mostly negative for a few
reasons: first, the cheaters, who ruin the gaming experience for others;
second, the DNA of my generation doesn't yet include the code for
extra-sensory perception as seems to be the case with the generation mostly
involved with multiplayers; third, I don't have the time required to put in
practicing the 'canon' style of playing, learning every map by heart and
honing every skill to perfection. I want to be a casual player.
Multiplayers in general just aren't targeted for taffers like me.

- Mika L