compfreak93

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
alright so the other day i restarted my computer and i kept getting the error BOOTMGR is missing so i popped in the windows CD and i repaired my computer and it worked and then my BIOS wasnt recognizing my HD so i reset it by both taking out the battery and moving the pins and know when i try to enter the BIOS its just stuck on a screen that says "Wait..." i let it sit on that screen for hours and nothing happens, im tyring to enter the BIOS to reformat my computer but i cant.

Do i flash my BIOS? or what should i do?

My motherboard is an ASUS M4A786TD-V EVO

Solution

I agree with pjmelect. It appears that you have some defective device affecting your system. Try the HDD first, then possibly your optical drive. If you enter the BIOS after disconnecting either of those you may have tracked down the problem. Good luck!

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
You could attempt to connect the HD to a different port on the motherboard, or try another cable. What effect those changes do or don't have should give an indication as to whether or not the HD itself is a problem.

I'm more concerned with where this "Wait..." is appearing. Is it after POST when attempting to boot into Windows, or at the POST screen? If after POST, can you still boot from CD but not from the HD?

Really, we could use a little more detail about the matter.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

I agree with pjmelect. It appears that you have some defective device affecting your system. Try the HDD first, then possibly your optical drive. If you enter the BIOS after disconnecting either of those you may have tracked down the problem. Good luck!

Solution