Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Is this a good value for a hybrid drive?

Last response: in Storage
a c 146 G Storage
February 2, 2012 3:02:07 AM

If you have a SSD for booting and just want a file storage drive, going with a regular drive is generally best.

The reason being, most personal files(movies/music/docs) do not need a blazing fast drive to work well.

The acceleration offered by the hybrid drive will also only work for your most accessed files. I don't know about you, but I push past lots of files on my personal file drive, so it would have a hard time deciding what to put on the ssd portion for me.
February 2, 2012 3:11:21 AM

Yeah, it has 8GB of SSD so not sure how that would be utilized on my system. Doesn't Windows7 64-bit take about 30GB? The other big piece of software I use is Adobe Lightroom3. Maybe I'll just keep the Crucial and stay on the hunt for "reasonably priced" HDDs for storage.
Related resources

Best solution

a c 146 G Storage
February 2, 2012 3:14:31 AM

As a system drive, it would be better then a stock hard drive, but if you already have a SSD with room for Windows + your most used programs, I would just get a storage drive for data.

On the plus side, 3.5 inch drives have faster speeds anyway :) 

I would only look at that drive for something like a laptop or as a main system drive when an SSD is not an option. Ohh and in a media center since its quiet.
February 9, 2012 11:59:51 AM

Best answer selected by Cla55clown.
February 10, 2012 8:54:29 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!