Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help having problems with my Noctua NH-14

Last response: in Components
April 9, 2010 2:13:29 AM

I just installed my Noctua NH-14 and I'm a little unhappy to say the least.

I am having a really weird problem.

I installed the heatsink. My problem is when I go to connect the fans to the CPU fan port on my Mobo the fans don't work. I switched one of the fans to a system fan port and put the smaller fan on the CPU port.

The fan on the System port works fine.

The little fan I have hooked up to the CPU fan port doesn't work. Here is the weird part. If I push the fan with a finger it spins up and keeps spinning! It works if I give it a little push, this is so weird!!!

I went into my Bios and adjusted the fan control from PWM to voltage cause I read this was supposed to fix the problem. Nothing.

Now I'm sitting here and the only way I can get the other fan to work is by starting it up with a finger.

I tried not having a fan hooked up to the CPU fan port but then my PC wont even boot up properly.

Help what can I do?

Also tried to find a number to call Noctua but no dice, only emails.

More about : problems noctua

Best solution

a c 131 à CPUs
April 13, 2010 5:14:07 PM

Sounds like a bad connection. Do any other fans (eg, the fan from the stock heatsink) work in that connector?
April 14, 2010 8:49:20 AM

I figured it out. Apparently the mobo doesnt provide enough voltage at startup to start the fan. After a little bit the second fan starts up on it's own.

Non Issue.
April 14, 2010 8:50:06 AM

Best answer selected by NOOBZ1LLA.
!