Sign in with
Your question

Windows XP Repair Install

Last response: in Windows XP
September 10, 2012 9:21:44 PM

Hello,
I have 2 Windows XP Professional loaded on my computer. I have tried all the tips and can't seem to get rid of one. If I do a Windows XP Repair Install will this fix it?

More about : windows repair install

September 10, 2012 11:48:01 PM

No, a repair installation will not help. What is the issue? You do not like to see the two options when you boot up?
m
l
September 11, 2012 12:01:31 AM

That is one of them and from my research I couldn't find the second windows folder. When I go to my C drive I see all of this garbage in blue with old dates. My computer is also running slow most of the time. I have uninstalled several programs I no longer use. I just would like it to run better.
m
l
Related resources
September 11, 2012 1:22:53 PM

PhilFrisbie said:
No, a repair installation will not help. What is the issue? You do not like to see the two options when you boot up?

That is one of them and from my research I couldn't find the second windows folder. When I go to my C drive I see all of this garbage in blue with old dates. My computer is also running slow most of the time. I have uninstalled several programs I no longer use. I just would like it to run better.

m
l
September 11, 2012 1:23:38 PM

PhilFrisbie said:

m
l
September 11, 2012 5:53:56 PM

How do you have 2 XP's on your PC? If you have the original disk, reformat your hard drive and start from scratch (make sure to back up any info you want to keep)
m
l
!