Sharing GPT formatted drive on network

Ambiguous

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Is anyone aware of any restrictions on sharing an internal gpt-formatted hard drive on a network? I have a 3TB hdd installed in my main pc running windows 7 (the drive is data only, im booting from another), but am getting a permission error when trying to access the drive on my other windows xp computer, and my macbook pro. Is the gpt format exclusively read by Win7? The drive is shared (just like a couple other drives installed) and the others are all accessible on the other computers...

Thanks

Ambiguous

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

Yeah the permissions are all fine, same as the other two data drives in the pc. But only this one wont share...

tomatthe

Distinguished
I don't believe that applies when connecting via network share. The Mac and the Win XP machine should be able to connect using SMB if everything was configured properly on the share.

When connecting via share the local formatting should not matter since the smb protocol handles the inbetween.

I don't fully understand the exact workings, but I can say I've got several macs, a few ubuntu machines, plenty of win machines 32 and 64bit Win7 and XP connected to a 30Tb volume without issue which is running on a Win 2008 R2 machine.