Your question

Does not complete boot up

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Boot
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
September 11, 2012 1:14:50 AM

I have a computer that will not boot up - It goes to a black screen with the cursor arrow in the middle of the screen that will allow the mouse to move its position - The OS is Windows XP Home Edition with SP2 - The computer is homemade with a Asus motherboard and a Intel i5 CPU. It has 4 GB of ram in 2 - 2 GB strips. Have rebuilt the boot.ini file and and installed a new MBR. Have done a repair of the OS without loosing the files on the computer. Have done a registry repair. Not sure were to go from here. Still getting the black screen with the cursor only. I am hoping someone has an answer for me that will fix the boot on this computer.

More about : complete boot

September 11, 2012 7:49:03 AM

techno use said:
I have a computer that will not boot up - It goes to a black screen with the cursor arrow in the middle of the screen that will allow the mouse to move its position - The OS is Windows XP Home Edition with SP2 - The computer is homemade with a Asus motherboard and a Intel i5 CPU. It has 4 GB of ram in 2 - 2 GB strips. Have rebuilt the boot.ini file and and installed a new MBR. Have done a repair of the OS without loosing the files on the computer. Have done a registry repair. Not sure were to go from here. Still getting the black screen with the cursor only. I am hoping someone has an answer for me that will fix the boot on this computer.

What happens if you press the small bottom on the case (restart)? See my thread (dinasset)
m
l
September 18, 2012 1:13:03 AM

Computer still stopping boot at a black screen with the cursor in the middle of the screen that is moveable with the mouse - keyboard does nothing - F8 (safe mode) stops at the same place - black screen with cursor in the middle of screen that can be moved with the mouse except it has safe mode marked around the edge of the screen. I have tried all of the suggestions with no change in the boot up. Computer still will not boot into XP windows.
m
l
Related resources
September 18, 2012 4:38:47 AM

see the dialog with Chicano on mt thread "black screen", maybe some suggestion applies also to your case
m
l
September 25, 2012 2:27:58 AM

mt thread "black screen" were is that thread located?
m
l
!