Sxerks posted 10 min T3 gameplay?

Anyone get all the parts and downloaded the 10 min T3 game play in
alt.binaries.games.thief yet?
I am sure my 900 Mghz machine won't handle it.
Albert

"Albert R. Conklin" wrote:

> Anyone get all the parts and downloaded the 10 min T3 game play in
> alt.binaries.games.thief yet?
> I am sure my 900 Mghz machine won't handle it.
> Albert

A follow up to this post. I see that it is a 10 minute video of
someone playing the game. I have only seen 5 minutes of it so far. The
person playing it is no Taffer at all. He/She is just running up to
people and trying to kill them with a knife. The player is also trying to
shoot a broadhead arrow at the opponent from 2 feet away. Not sure if I
like the new visibility bar. Plus the player is walking right by bodies
and not doing any searching.
On the plus side, when you pick up loot it tells you how much and what
percentage, probably of max available loot that is available, that you
have picked up.
Albert

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:23:00 GMT, Albert R. Conklin amazed us all by
typing:

> The
> person playing it is no Taffer at all. He/She is just running up to
> people and trying to kill them with a knife. The player is also trying to
> shoot a broadhead arrow at the opponent from 2 feet away.
> Plus the player is walking right by bodies
> and not doing any searching.

Ah, it must be a magazine review then, or an online one? From what you are
saying, I'd hazard that its gamespots video review.

WindSong

"Plus the player is walking right by bodies and not doing any searching"

That's because he is a certifiable DUMB-ASS! He is attempting to play the game
like Quake III. In addition, he is probably an XBOX fanboy..and probably
around 17 yrs old. Good god, its painful to watch this lard play. But I guess
they have to get *someone* to show off their new xbox "fps" game..

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 16:50:09 GMT, yth@aol.com (Windsong) wrote:

>"Plus the player is walking right by bodies and not doing any searching"
>
>That's because he is a certifiable DUMB-ASS! He is attempting to play the game
>like Quake III. In addition, he is probably an XBOX fanboy..and probably
>around 17 yrs old. Good god, its painful to watch this lard play. But I guess
>they have to get *someone* to show off their new xbox "fps" game..

Anyone know of a direct link to download this movie? Comcast is too lame
to add more newsgroups like the Thief binary one. Or maybe a BitTorrent
stream?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:14:42 GMT, Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 16:50:09 GMT, yth@aol.com (Windsong) wrote:
>
>>"Plus the player is walking right by bodies and not doing any searching"
>>
>>That's because he is a certifiable DUMB-ASS! He is attempting to play the game
>>like Quake III. In addition, he is probably an XBOX fanboy..and probably
>>around 17 yrs old. Good god, its painful to watch this lard play. But I guess
>>they have to get *someone* to show off their new xbox "fps" game..
>
>Anyone know of a direct link to download this movie? Comcast is too lame
>to add more newsgroups like the Thief binary one. Or maybe a BitTorrent
>stream?

The thread:
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81741&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

The 48MB vid:
http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_07_wmvlow.wmv

Broken up into smaller chunks:
http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_01_wmvlow.wmv
http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_02_wmvlow.wmv
http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_03_wmvlow.wmv
http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_04_wmvlow.wmv
http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_05_wmvlow.wmv
http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_06_wmvlow.wmv

And a 260MB high res MOV
http://www.bloodofthemartyr.com/movies/thief3_041604_07_qthigh.mov

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 14:36:37 -0500, Sxerks <none@a.a> wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:14:42 GMT, Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 16:50:09 GMT, yth@aol.com (Windsong) wrote:
>>
>>>"Plus the player is walking right by bodies and not doing any searching"
>>>
>>>That's because he is a certifiable DUMB-ASS! He is attempting to play the game
>>>like Quake III. In addition, he is probably an XBOX fanboy..and probably
>>>around 17 yrs old. Good god, its painful to watch this lard play. But I guess
>>>they have to get *someone* to show off their new xbox "fps" game..
>>
>>Anyone know of a direct link to download this movie? Comcast is too lame
>>to add more newsgroups like the Thief binary one. Or maybe a BitTorrent
>>stream?
>

>The thread:
>http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81741&perpage=25&pagenumber=1
>

>The 48MB vid:
>http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_07_wmvlow.wmv
>
>Broken up into smaller chunks:
>http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_01_wmvlow.wmv
>http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_02_wmvlow.wmv
>http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_03_wmvlow.wmv
>http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_04_wmvlow.wmv
>http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_05_wmvlow.wmv
>http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_06_wmvlow.wmv
>
>And a 260MB high res MOV
>http://www.bloodofthemartyr.com/movies/thief3_041604_07_qthigh.mov

Hey, thanks. :)

--

yth@aol.com (Windsong) writes:

> That's because he is a certifiable DUMB-ASS! He is attempting to
> play the game like Quake III. In addition, he is probably an XBOX
> fanboy..and probably around 17 yrs old. Good god, its painful to
> watch this lard play.
[...]

I must agree. It really hurts to see this guy play. He is on a killing
spree and seems to have unlimited supply of fire arrows and gas
bombs. Perhaps he was trying how deadly the shadows can be.

Watching the clip, I found myself mumbling several times:

You are a thief not a murderer, kill noone!

Other than that: The AI moves great, much better than in DX:IW and
their barks are good as well.

I hope Eidos Europe does not pull the same stunt again they did with
DX:IW: Pushing the European release back until the german and french
localization are ready. Man, when I remember how angry I was back
then.

--
Ole Arndt http://www.sugarshark.com

<aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote:

>The player is also trying to
>shoot a broadhead arrow at the opponent from 2 feet away.

In the second segment, the played had gassed 2 guards, and was
fighting a third. The guard was about 15 feet away and the player
pulled out a fire arrow. He then RAN UP TO THE GUARD and shot at him,
missing by quite a bit.

Isn't the great thing about arrows is that they work from far away ???

After seeing that, I just skipped through the video - it was actually
painful to seeing Thief being played like that.

Still, it was all very pretty - and I should be able to play it on my
system, too.

And what's with all the carrots ?

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 02:14:34 GMT, Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Finally, is there ANY blackjack?

Yes - in the second sgment, the idiot tryies to blckjack the guard,
then shoots him with a moss arrow (which seemed to choke him),

"Mark Morrison" <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:23:00 GMT, "Albert R. Conklin"
> <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >The player is also trying to
> >shoot a broadhead arrow at the opponent from 2 feet away.
>
> In the second segment, the played had gassed 2 guards, and was
> fighting a third. The guard was about 15 feet away and the player
> pulled out a fire arrow. He then RAN UP TO THE GUARD and shot at him,
> missing by quite a bit.
>
> Isn't the great thing about arrows is that they work from far away ???
>
> After seeing that, I just skipped through the video - it was actually
> painful to seeing Thief being played like that.

What worries me is that he was actually able to survive playing like that.
That's scary, cause maybe the game is designed to be played with no more
stealth and caution than here, and then it would be nothing Thief-like. I
just hope this was a manipulated version; made to show how the new stuff
works without the noob dying all the time.

kaz

Distinguished
May 22, 2001

At last, to see Thief 3 running. Too bad the guy playing it has no
idea about stealth or tactics.

They have really done well with in the graphics department and it's
great to hear some of the voice actors from the first two games. The
lock picking looks like fun and the weapons (not that you should need
them :) ) are well done.

All in all, yet another must have game. Now off to reinstall Thief 1
and 2. Yes I said reinstall, I recently bought a new hard drive for
games and haven't got around to installing all my games.

Kaz

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:41:59 +0200, "Johan"
<dsl130739@vip.cybercity.SLETTESdk> wrote:

>"Mark Morrison" <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:23:00 GMT, "Albert R. Conklin"
>> <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>> >The player is also trying to
>> >shoot a broadhead arrow at the opponent from 2 feet away.
>>
>> In the second segment, the played had gassed 2 guards, and was
>> fighting a third. The guard was about 15 feet away and the player
>> pulled out a fire arrow. He then RAN UP TO THE GUARD and shot at him,
>> missing by quite a bit.
>>
>> Isn't the great thing about arrows is that they work from far away ???
>>
>> After seeing that, I just skipped through the video - it was actually
>> painful to seeing Thief being played like that.
>
>What worries me is that he was actually able to survive playing like that.
>That's scary, cause maybe the game is designed to be played with no more
>stealth and caution than here, and then it would be nothing Thief-like. I
>just hope this was a manipulated version; made to show how the new stuff
>works without the noob dying all the time.

He had 20 flashbombs and 10 healing potions, so it looks he was just
given a full inventory.

And what's with all the carrots ?

>>That's because he is a certifiable DUMB-ASS! He is attempting to
>>play the game like Quake III. In addition, he is probably an XBOX
>>fanboy..and probably around 17 yrs old. Good god, its painful to
>>watch this lard play.
>
> [...]
>
> I must agree. It really hurts to see this guy play. He is on a killing
> spree and seems to have unlimited supply of fire arrows and gas
> bombs. Perhaps he was trying how deadly the shadows can be.
>
> Watching the clip, I found myself mumbling several times:
>
> You are a thief not a murderer, kill noone!

Watching the eloquent moves of that movie thief really was a pain. I
downloaded the 200 MB version and the graphics were quite good,
specially I liked the shadows. Wonder if Garrett is going to pull the
same kind of shadow stunt like Sam Gamgi did in Orc tower in Mordor in
the Return of the King... :)

I understand that one is able to choose both 1st or 3rd person views.
The 3rd person was guite poor...

> Other than that: The AI moves great, much better than in DX:IW and
> their barks are good as well.

There was some kind of ice or glass arrow, guards slipped on it, fun -
don't know how much of use it is, however.

The rope arrow seems not to be there, Garrett has changed them for
special climbing gloves - to climb stone walls. This movie "killer"
didn't know how to use them, but then again, he seemed to be
concentrating on the famous flashbomb - dagger -approach.

Harri

Harri Hirvelä wrote:

> There was some kind of ice or glass arrow, guards slipped on it, fun -
> don't know how much of use it is, however.

I believe that was a vial of oil used to trip up the guards; it was lit on
fire with a fire arrow at one point, too.

> The rope arrow seems not to be there, Garrett has changed them for
> special climbing gloves - to climb stone walls. This movie "killer"
> didn't know how to use them, but then again, he seemed to be
> concentrating on the famous flashbomb - dagger -approach.

Yeah, the Not-Stealthy-Player even shot an arrow at and flashbombed some
loot at one point. I never realised that vases were so dangerous!

--
Chris Herborth chrish@cryptocard.com
Documentation Overlord, CRYPTOCard Corp. http://www.cryptocard.com/

AgentAlbert wrote:

> Where is the link where I can view this?
>
> - Adam

Sxerks posted some links a couple of days ago. I saw the video in
alt.binaries.games.thief. Here are the links though:
The thread:
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81741&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

The 48MB vid:
http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_07_wmvlow.wmv

Broken up into smaller chunks:
http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_01_wmvlow.wmv
http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_02_wmvlow.wmv
http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_03_wmvlow.wmv
http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_04_wmvlow.wmv
http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_05_wmvlow.wmv
http://streamingmovies.ign.com/xbox/thief3_041604_06_wmvlow.wmv

And a 260MB high res MOV
http://www.bloodofthemartyr.com/movies/thief3_041604_07_qthigh.mov

Albert

To be fair, the player probably attempted to fit as much into the 10 mins as
possible - after all, 10 mins of _our_ kind of Thief playing (monitoring
guard movements, assessing the best ground to walk on, diversion tactics,
etc) probably don't make the most watchable footage. A bit like cricket...

Anyway, he failed miserably, just using flashbombs and moss arrows. He could
have shown off the game so much more...