ashoktvm

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Hi.

I was planning to install TPC 812 on my Desktop. But found that its huge and even may block first 2 of my ram slots. Is it worth losing that slots. I am not a heavy overclocker. Will Hyper 212 EVO will suit my needs? Please help me. Thanks

No, install ram first. Then put install the cooler.

The fans will be over the ram, but you'll still have your modules installed.

ashoktvm

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

It has one fan which comes on top of the ram slots. Actually I ordered it through ebay. But the guy hasn't shipped it yet. So planning to change it to 2 Hyper 212 evo for me and my friend

ashoktvm

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
But that will cause a problem since the fan was supposed to take air in. Connecting it on the other side, the fan has to be connected with the air flowing outside, since it comes parallel to the back panel fan of the cabinet. will then i get a proper cooling for the heatsink?

its called dismounting the fan from the heatsink and turning it around in the pull direction.. then remount it to the heat sink

Listen man, you can't take a fan and mount it over a 2inch tall heatsink, idc what high end air cooler it is. Unless you remove the fan, it won't work...

redtailed

Honorable
May 27, 2012

This is very odd. I have a Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 with Ripjaws X and an TPC 812 and the fan fits over the RAM fine (just fits though).

If you look closely at the images in the link you posted, the fan is positioned lower with respect to the bottom 812 fin on the high profile RAM than with the low profile - something is fishy there.

redtailed

Honorable
May 27, 2012

It does just as well or better than the 812. Good choice.