Looking on exactly how to OC my 3570K on Asrocks Extreme6.

larsenex

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Greetings. My cooler is a Hyper 212 in push mode. My motherboard is Asrocks I77 Extreme 6 and the CPU is 3570k. I would like to simply move from the default of 3.6 to 4.0. I have the utility AXTU installed but did not know if I should make adjustments in Bios or use this utility. Also I am not sure where to begin on what. Do I move up the CPU clock ratio or BLCK frequency slider up? I also have a section for Voltage which has various sliders for voltage across the motherboard. I built the system but I am entirely new to Overclocking. Rather than blindly tinker I thought I would ask for some direction.

So with that in mind as i am a complete newb, can anyone direct me on where to start? I can post screenshots or any additional info if needed.

Thanks much@

larsenex

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
If I can just get a direction to a guide on Ivy bridge would be most helpful. I am not sure what sliders to adjust or in what steps to do so. If anyone has some guidance on where to begin, I would be happy to post my results (and failures).

drums101

Distinguished
what ever you do do not OC using a program you need to do it in the BIOS..it will give you much better results...http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/274821-29-sandy-bridge-series-overclocking-cores-guide
read up on this this is for sandy bridge but not much has changed in terms of OC'ing between that and ivy bridge...let me know if you have questions after reading it