Monitor goes black after a few seconds

Can anywone tell me why my monitor goes black after a few seconds? Would this be the video card?
2 answers Last reply
More about monitor black seconds
  1. While you're using the computer, or after you leave it for a while? In the case of the latter, someone has set your PC's power options, to make your screen power down to save power. What Windows are you using? specs?
  2. SOLUTION FOUND

Hi folks,

I had this problem with my Videosonic VE170b monitor: after boot, monitor comes on for just about 1-2 seconds then goes

to black.

Hitting one of the buttons on the monitor (I think auto-adjust) would bring the monitor back again, but for only the same 1-2

seconds. Repeat hitting the monitor button would again bring it back, but only for 1-2 seconds.

SOLUTION: Mine was solved by changing the display color quality from high (32-bit) to medium (16-bit).
    (YES, I had to repeatedly hit the monitor button and quickly move the mouse to do these steps, which was quite

challenging)

ALT-CLICK on a blank spot of the desktop; from the dropdown menu, choose PROPERTIES.

Click on the SETTINGS tab, where you'll see COLOR QUALITY dropdown box. Mine was set to High (32-bit).
    I clicked on the dropdown arrow and chose MEDIUM (16-bit), and this solved my problem.

Hope it solves yours!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Graphics