Why has my hard drive gone from 80gb to 2047gb

G

Hello,
why has my hard drive gone from 80gb to 2047gb i recently tried to install windows on a notebook hd 80gb externally in an enclosure.It started to instal ok but was taking forever so i restarted it but now my said hd drive is being picked up being 2047gb and windows cannot pick up hd drive in pc in computer manager etc.But in HDD drive regenerator programme it lists it,and also if i restart pc with the hd plugged in (usb)my pc will freeze at boot screen and will only carry on if i disconnect hd form usb.I dont need to save anything from it just want to try to fix it if poss.Thanks,KINGER.

G

It wont let me repartition because it dose not pick it up in windows. When i just plug my enclosure in it will pick that up as removable disk E: and it will load drivers for serial ata bridge etc,but soon as i plug hd drive into enclosure everything vanishes i look into pc management storage etc and there is no hd listed only my own C: so i cant do anything from there reformat or repartition.Other programmes pick it up like i said in original Q as being 2047gb i run tests on it read tests and write tests ect and reports no bad sectors.EASEUS partition wizard will give me option to partition but dose nothing when i apply just seems to stay on 0%.I know it is corrupted and unreadable just want to know of any programmes that would fix it.Ive tried WD website and tried there DOS CD download but like i said when i restar my pc with the hard drive attatched it freezes and will not boot up, the WD dos cd needs to boot from cd so it can detect your hds but with it plugged in it will not boot! Im doing this on my old spare pc running xp sp3 the hd drive is a WD 80GB note book hd. Thanks for quick response Anon, KINGER.