Can't find spdif to enable it in winxp

elelohe00061

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
I just used a converter to hook my pc to hdmi so I am able to use my HD tv as a monitor but I am not able to get the sound working on the tv. My pc is Aspire One Series AOA-150 Windows XP. I have all the right cables to get sound but I am not able to find spdif in the drop down menu box in the voice playback. The only available choice is The REALTEK high definition audio. Can anyone help??? going crazy :pt1cable:

elelohe00061

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012

I used a converter because my pc doesn't have the ability to from the pc to the hdtv. It is vga analog so I converted the analog to digital though the hdmi output of the converter in order to be able to view my pc on my hdtv. Originally this was all I wanted to do. I just wanted to use my hdtv as a monitor instead of my small monitor that Acer provides with the pc. The hdmi port is coming out of the converter though the hdmi cable. The only driver I see listed in the sound is the realtek high definition auto. I was under the impression that I could get the spdif enabled but it isn't listed as an option. I hope I have explained this correctly. My system is Acer Aspire One Series AOA-150, system winxp home addition. Thanks for responding.

elelohe00061

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
Yes that is exactly correct. The converter has audio ability though a RCA 3.5mm audio cable that goes from the converter box to the hdmi port in the back of the HDtv. I have tried to connect the audio cable to my pc headphone jack and still no sound. Thanks

elelohe00061

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
Yes I am even able to plug my external speakers into the pc and they work. I can hear the pc sound this way but I wanted to hear it from my HDtv. Maybe I am missing something. When you said before to connect the audio cable from the converter to the pc, is there another plug I can use going from the RCA 3.5mm to the pc? Maybe that will work.